Home Forums Poker Blogs Tournament Blogs The Last Bullet

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Ben, i think is going good! the range i’ve builded before to join the course was kinda similar, but what i lacked the most was the awareness in game!

Also a lot of things you said in the lessons was very usefull, and im trying to implement them in my game.
    I did a new tag in pt4 so i mark all the opening ranges i have doubt or that can be close and i review them in my study time.

But i admit that so far my biggest leak is motivation. last week i had to take a break cause i had zero motivation, probably cause i overwhelm myself with too much new stuff to implement like an habit: meditation, workout, healthy food, etc

and today i feel having no clue if i can do this or not.

but i know bad times comes and goes, so i had to deal with them.

the goal i miss all the time is about healthy food, so i think is also that can cause me lack of motivation, i need food that can help my brain and mood and not junk food that can take my motivation away

sorry for my english guys, i know is pretty bad :D :D i cannot explain myself perfectly! :)

so basically after a start full of energy i found myself not playing and not studing so much.

i want also to update weekly my blog better, more expalined etc

scooba troopa
    Participant

So recap of what i feel i need to implement in my life:
    – workout : i’ve joined a Crossfit group a week ago and i feel happy about this choice, gym bored me and i have to wait some months to return to the boxe group so i think at the moment is the best option, plus they have morning courses that are perfects for my schedule)

– healthy food: no excuses from today, is too much i dont care of what i’m eating

– grind and play: study at least one hour everyday, active studing

i will make an excel sheet and next week i will post here if i reach all this goal!!

Gogogogo

scooba troopa
    Participant

I’ve just downloaded an app called “coach.me” where i can put in my goal and see all the improvement or lacks.

The first 3 goals i put in are:

– No sugar

– Workout 3 times a week
    – Waking up early everyday

I think starting with not so much things to do and risk to overwhelm myselfs is a good plan

See you at the end of the month to see if i did it or no! ;)

rye_mariano5

Good luck with the goals!

Regarding lack of motivation. It’s something everyone struggles with. Something Ben has told me and others, which is certainly true, is that motivation can only get you so far and you shouldn’t just play when you’re motivated. You have to learn to play when you’re UNMOTIVATED.  This is often the difference maker because so often you won’t be motivated to play, but you need to push through and grind out the hours. Those players who are able to consistently do this are the ones who will get ahead generally. It’s like anything in life. You can love what you do, but no matter what it is, there will be times when it feels like very hard un-fun work.

scooba troopa
    Participant

Thanks so much, this was something i needed to hear in this moment! :)

scooba troopa
    Participant

Hey!!! Here we are at the end of the month and i’m very happy cause i sticked with what i’ve planned!
    I had these 3 goals:
    no sugar
    wake up early / same hour of the day
    workout
    I didn’t miss a day and i add cold shower too so 4 goals achieved.
    I had to say that the last message of mariano5 helped me a lot, i really needed in that moment!

So, what’s changed?

Basically i started to organize my week and treat this like work. I also have new rule now: when i don’t feel or i’m scared to do something, that means i have to do it :D

Cold showers, waking up at same time, workout and eating clean are a real boost to motivation and mood
    i feel great!
    I also played when i had, cutting all the distractions (youtube, phone, skype etc) and studied everyday (some days only one hour, others also 3)
    Still studing opening ranges and next week i will start another chapter of the Masterclass
    See you at the end of next week and gl at the tables

I also wanna thanks all the guys that wrote in the discord app, ben and staff member that always help in a positive way
    No negativity in that community and thats a great way to see thing
    In real life, especially in job field etc is hard to see this.

abdiaka
    Participant

Hi, great to see that yo are doing better than before. Keep up the good work

scooba troopa
    Participant

Hi, great to see that yo are doing better than before. Keep up the good work

Thanks ;)

rye_mariano5

Very nice work man! Always inspirational to hear about someone who is able to stick to their goals. That is success right there.

scooba troopa
    Participant

Very nice work man! Always inspirational to hear about someone who is able to stick to their goals. That is success right there.

Thanks, also for your support! ;)

scooba troopa
    Participant

Hey guys, time to update here!

After a good motivation boost given also by reaching my daily goal mostly every day, i had a drop of motivation but i think is kinda normal.
    Plus i had already planned a couple of days trip with a friend so in those 3 days i didnt reach any goal except for waking up early

But now im ready to not miss a day till the end of the year

i find myself to be really happy with my life when i’m having goals and to be very disappointend about myself when i miss daily goals or i procrastinate

yesterday i started a new topic of the tournament masterclass, flatting and 3betting

there’s a lot of work to do on my game

i’m also really happy cause is not easy, this means that a lot of people will not arrive and will not put the right amount of work in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0FFNcIYZMI

i’m also planning to stay 2/3 months somewhere to only grind/study/relaxing life.

I’ve found that this work great for me.

Will be also great have a grindhouse with other grinders that are willing to put a lot of work in the game

good luck at the tables guys ;)

bencb
    Keymaster

hey! It is totally normal as you said that sometimes we loose motivation. But it is not said that we shouldn’t try to reach our goals nevertheless. Of course it is hard, but when you make, you increase the capacity of your willpower and next time it ll be easier. If we fail, so it be. Then just accept it and take another shot :)
    Don’t be too hard to yourself but don’t bullshit yourself ;>
    Regarding a grind house, just ask in our Discord. Maybe you find like minders that would be down for it!
    All the best champ!

scooba troopa
    Participant

thanks Ben! yep sometimes i’m too hard with myself, but i think is cause i don’t have enough patience. one of my leak is that i cannot wait to see results, but is a long path. a marathon and not a sprint :D

i’ve realized that over game swings we have to face mood and motivation swings.

but i have a question about this, for you and for all other guys that want to give their opinion:
    for example if i dont’t feel to wake up and going at the gym i can force myself to go there and do my daily workout but i think with poker is different.
    When we dont feel to play, this can effect a lot our game, cause for example we can play without ingame awareness etc
    do you think we have to force ourself to play anyway or use discipline to maybe not playing but studing instead of grinding, cause is possible to do it anyway and without costing ourself money?

rye_mariano5

I think if you’re aware that your ingame focus and awareness is going to be terrible before you play, then it would be best to just study or do something else that day. HOWEVER, I think you will need to address this issue and work through it. Because if every time you’re unmotivated to play this is the result, then you will have a very tough time. There will be many many days (maybe even most) where you’re not really motivated to play. But you need to learn to push through and grind anyways. This will separate you from others. It’s like anything in life. No matter how sweet something is, there will always be hard work involved and those who embrace that will come out on top.

bencb
    Keymaster

check it out! Goes hand in hand with motivation in poker ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.