Home Forums Poker Blogs Tournament Blogs The Last Bullet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everybody!!!
    I’m an italian poker player that left his secure job to find his way into poker

I’ve start playing about 12 years ago, but always for fun; already playing on everest and pokerstars but
    my mind wasn’t ready to understand the potential of the game.
    Just think that around 10 years ago i chopped a 10$rebuy for 11k :O
    i had my bakroll and i can start a career with poker but at that time i was only thinkin about having fun,
    party with friends etc so i cashout almost everything and continue with my job, playing randomly as
    usual.

I kinda regret that i didnt understand how much value i can get from poker, but i’m also happy
    i didn’t gain a lot of money from it cause the person i was at that time was not ready for it.
    I’m greatfull i worked hard in places like steel factory and other factories, cause i think this makes
    me more mature and humble
    but now i’ve decided to give myself a shot with poker: last year i quit my job and find a coach/staker
    that help me improving my game in mtts
    during this year i learned a lot but the biggest thing i’ve learned is the importance to plan your life:
    workout, grind, healthy habit are key to improve and achieve big results and the blog of bencb
    makes me more sure about this
    (btw i discovered this site today and im really glad it happened, i think im going to buy tournament
    program soon)

i also learned that one hour coaching a week is not enough to improve your game, is crucial to learn
    in an active mode, not just passive like coaching and videos
    most of the job as to be done alone using your brain to understand “why” you are doing something

so here i am, the blog of bencb motivated me so much, also cause i find so many similarities with my person,
    (except for poker skill ahahah)
    i just put down this small presentation and i think im going to start a blog that i will keep updated
    often, maybe with monthly goals etcetc starting from the 1st of November

See ya

scooba troopa
    Participant
    rye_mariano5

Hey what’s up man!? Welcome to the RYE community.  Good luck with your journey! Focus on learning, stay patient and stay on course.

Make sure you join our discord app. That’s where almost all the hand discussions are as well as other stuff.

scooba troopa
    Participant

Thanks!!!!

see you there then ;)

bencb789
    Keymaster

hey buddy! Glad I inspired you. It means a lot to me. Gl and crush it!

scooba troopa
    Participant

Thanks!! :)

scooba troopa
    Participant

oooooook, tomorrow i will start this very seriously.

I admit one of my biggest leak is discipline…this summer i spent too much time staying with friends, drinkin alcohol and party too much

To help myself, i make a bet with my friends: if i drink some alcohol before christmas i will give 50 euros to everyone that bet against me, if i don’t drink they have to pay me drinks at christmas

pretty easy to win this, but my goal is to arrive at christmas and continue to stay without alcohol!

My goal are very similar to the challenge i read on bencb blog, mostly cause is something i already did in the past or casue was something i really wanted to start with (like meditation for example)

These as to become my new habits:
    – Cold shower in the morning
    – Meditation ( i will start with 5 min, 2 times/day)

-Healthy food

-Gym

Poker:
    2 hours study everyday before starting session

Good luck to me and to this new adventure on Raise Your Edge :)

scooba troopa
    Participant

First big update, i just bought the tournament masterclass! im very excited! GO!

rye_mariano5

Very smart purchase! The content in it will keep you busy for a long time! Good luck with the no drinking also. I think you will find you feel way better overall!

scooba troopa
    Participant

gracias! ;)

yeah, you are right, i’m pretty happy to wake up after a night with friends and not feeling a shit for a couple of days

At 20 was easy, at 32 hangover last more ahahahah

scooba troopa
    Participant

WEEK 1:

the first week of this new path was kinda meh…i miss some goals, but i hit others and im still happy cause there’s improvement.

i went to play live in the week end, cause of the soft field and overlay in the tournament. so i return very late at home and fucked up my routine, cause i wake up early and i was tired

basically im happy cause everyday i had meditaion and cold shower, but i miss workout and eating good

i also miss to study everyday, i just study randomly and this is not good

but i started with the masterclass program and im very happy with it!!! :)

Let’s start this second week more motivated and focused.

Good luck at the tables ;)

bencb789
    Keymaster

Hey welcome! Good buy! ;)

It was very important to me to show you guys a structured way of learning. Keep up the good work :)

rye_tomy
    Participant

Welcome!

Gl at your mtt journey, just make sure you take enough time for every chapter in Masterclass and don’t rush it!

scooba troopa
    Participant

Thanks!!!!
    i watched the preflop and now im playing focusing on that mostly, trying to be aware in game and play the best i can.

i will start other topics when i will feel confortable with preflop ;)

thanks for the suggestion :)

bencb
    Keymaster

gl champ! How is it going with preflop?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.