Home Forums Poker Blogs Sit and Go Blogs the foxhole /w solver work and stream

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello guys,

so my buddies wanderer and tommie have their blogs here and I wanted to start a new one. I used to play mttsngs but got a little annoyed of grinding 45 mens so I transitioned to STTs. I’m trying to build a bankroll for MTTs which currently dont fit into my schedule.

I also created a Twitch channel to stream sometimes, which you can find here. (https://www.twitch.tv/fox592)

Software I’m stuyding with includes HRC, FlopZilla, GTO+ and Equilab. We’re starting at the lowest limit and grinding it up.

More updates and goals soon :) Bests!

rye_tomy
    Participant

Hello and welcome to our RYE community! Really happy to have another sng grinder here :) Also join our discord where a lot of poker related discussions is going on and hand reviews.

Gl with your project and keep us updated!

fox592
    Participant

August 2019

So at the end of July I posted my chart and stats into Discord with a question, how to fix this mess. Referring to my red line on micro mttsngs and mtts. I felt like having a good push fold and ICM game, which gave me some kind of 8% plus minus somewhat ROI, but 0 ev/BB. Someone offered to review 500 of my latest hands played and wrote down some notes for me.

1st of August I started applying his tips and after a few days even switched game type to STTs. I was tired of push folding my way through 45 and 90 mens, sessions took long if adding normal speed games, and few games were running during the day. Since STTs fit better into my schedule I started studying those games, starting at 1$ stakes. Goal -> bankroll building and adding MTTs later (smaller fields on other sites)

Difference in the pictures:

Before: 14k Blue winnings, 13k Red losses, 0 ev/bb

After: 11.8k Blue winnings, 7.7k Red losses, 8 ev/bb

If it wouldnt be late and me slightly better at math I would calculate the percentage of improvement on that redline. I startet betting more, calling here and there more and played a little more aggressive. Still that redline can be improved obv, but on micros I dont wanna go overboard.

Today I moved up to 3$ stakes since we’re crushing the 1$ stakes, and we have to escape the ridic 12% rake there.

Solver work will follow, right now I have plenty of tasks to do. First and foremost grind in more games. :)

Attachments:
    fox592
    Participant

Its Monday, starting a new workout today. Trying to build muscle and gain weight. I worked out 3 month ago for 2month and then job and real life got in my way again.. My discipline is also a big problem, lets see how long I gonna last.

https://www.fitmole.org/henry-cavill-workout/

First and foremost I have to watch my nutrition, I keep you posted how its going.

Cliffs: 1.85, ~70kg right now

rye_tomy
    Participant

Nice that your results improved so fast! Just for single table sngs we dont look so much at number of hands played and bb/100. Rather look at number of sngs played and roi (return of investment). For sngs you will need icimizer or hrc, very important tool for mastering push/fold spots at any stack depth.

Gl with your discipline and keep us updated!

fox592
    Participant

Good to know. Well, I currently have a decent ROI in those 1$ and 1.5$ games, but barely break even in 3$. I did review 70 games today in HRC and it turns out that I have massive ICM leaks. I basically have  chipEV in my head, but are too afraid to apply  at least that, so I found myself folding ITM too much which is horrible.

But its good to know where my leaks are, mainly preflop right now, so I can fix those starting tommorrow :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.