Home Forums Hand Reviews Tournament Hands Shoving the 5 Nuts on a paired board?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello together,

did anyone see the quads over full house hand between Bryn Kenney and David Peters on the NLH Main Event at Triton Montenegro? Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRCD9yOWU0A.

At 2:51:50 is the hand.

I find it standard all the hand course. The two of them are monsters and for sure in the short top of the bests NLH players in the world at the moment.

Still, a small litlle thing is what i was asking myself: is there any value in x/R shoving the river with 5. nuts after Kenney checking flop back and raising the turn so that he almost potbets the river? Of course he has a monster hand and would be left just 8 BB if he calls and this wouldn’t matter so much. But giving the fact that he beats theoretically 3 combos (77, i don’t think 55 would play like this, maybe ocassionally AK&AQ, but not too often i think) of Kenney’s value hands, all his bluffs are folding and is beaten by his another 9 combos value hands ( – AA; A8 & A7 would play like this, no way A5 playing so) would be worth considering just calling?

I assume this is just a theoretical issue, when you have such a hand you don’t think this way, doesn’t matter if you still have 8 Bb behind or not.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.