Home Forums Poker Blogs Tournament Blogs Poker from Chicago am Rhein

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Heyho Community,

So again an update as again I did not write for a long time. So how did February end? Resultwise it was a good month as I managed to win 2 tournaments and got back on the winning streets after a terrible January. I also switched to the morning schedule because of my new job where I have to work in the evening.I really enjoy this. Wake up early, do my morning routine of Yoga, shower(warm->cold), meditation, breakfast and start grinding early in the morning till afternoon. Feels a lot better for me then grinding in the evening. Also I like the smaller fields in the morning which make it more likely to get to Final Tables which gives me the opportunity to improve this part of my game where I feel I am not doing good at all. BUT I was really unhappy with the amount of poker/tournaments I played in February. Just played 94 tournaments which is absolutely not the number I am aiming for. Also didnt manage to do enough work on my game as I wanted to do. So good results but more important bad effort. Have to improve on this.

So how is March going?

I feel pretty good so far. Morning Routine and daily habbits are on point! Joint a RYE group on Habitica which is an app to make you more productive. You write down your daily tasks, your habbits(good and bad) and your To-Dos. You get points for doing stuff and get punished for missing stuff or doing your bad habbits. Also I am really putting effort in my poker studies. Finished the vs. 3Bets/4betting Video and already finished my call to action. Also looked into my database and it looks like I am folding way to much vs 3 Bets. So going to focus on that a bit. Also really excited for the first post-flop video und sure I will be able to fix some leaks of mine! So far I have played 139 tournament. So already more then in Feb and still 2 weeks to go! Also I eventually managed to again join some Review sessions in our German Discord group. It is always really nice to hear others opinions on hands and I am looking forward of doing more of this esp some deep run Analysis w some ICM work!To work on ICM and FTs in general I started playing MTT SNGs again. I really enjoy the format, working on my short stack game as well as the appearing FTs. I think this is really beneficial wor my MTT game.

To work on my mental game I just bought a course of Elliot Roe about Taking control of TILT.  Just saw first hald hour and think it is really helpful. Basically he is saying that Tilt is anytime we deviate from the best strategic decision based on emotion. So Tilt is way more then smashing your keyboard when you get a bad beat. It is about always controlling your emotions no matter what happend in the last hand. It doesnt matter that you were chipleader on second ago or that you won a big pot and now you get overly excited. Every hand is a puzzle for itself! One other thing he mentions which I think is very true is that poker is not creating those emotions. It is me bringing these emotions to poker and poker is just the multiplier. So if that is true the conclusion is to know your own emotions and kind of control them. You are not your emotions! This brings me back to Meditation as for me this is one of the biggest lessons I learned through meditation so far. You dont have to be your emotions you can also observe them and not beeing caught in them. Easy to say but so hard to do! A lot of work for me to do on this aspect but happy that I am progressing in this aspects as they not just improve my poker mindset but also and more important are really beneficial for your day to day live. On this note I really want to recomend the book “Siddartha” by Herman Hesse. I just finished it and was really impressed. It is a lot about learning and how you can find wisdom and that it is all about finding your own way and your own wisdom by making your own choices and experiences. One part I really enjoyed is about controlling/knowing youself as if you are not able to do so your are always a victim of your circumstances like a leaf in the wind.

Thats it for now. Have a great start to the week!

Cheers

kweezy14
    Participant

kweezy14
    Participant

Heyhoooo. Just wrote a post yesterday but was not able to publish it and then my pc crashed and it is gone. Such a badbeat! NEVER lucky. Second try today!

As I mentioned in my last blog I want to keep this blog updated more frequently… so here I go.

As poker goes the last two weeks were pretty good. Really put in effort and played more again. A couple of deep runs and 2 WINS! One 1$ tournament on Party for around 100$ and a 15$ one on Natural 8 for around 250$. Normally I dont play Tounrmants with such an high Buy In as I go for a rather conservative BR approach esp. on pokerstars as the fields are so big. But the fields on Natural 8 are really small (mostly around 60/70 people in those tournaments) and the fields are really soft. So I am playing some tournaments there which are normally out of my BRM. In the recents weeks I started to play more and more on other sites but pokerstars.eu. I feel with the latest rake changes and the overall policy of pokerstars regarding their players it is a good idea to give all the competitors a shot! So far I am playing on Party and Natural 8 and I really enjoy it. Software is obv. not as good but fields are smaller and the tournaments are nice.Although the Natural 8 tournaments get a little too short on FTs. One problem I see is that the number of tournaments which fit my schedule and BRM is not big enough on those sites. My focus definately changed. A couple of weeks ago I would fire up all stars tournaments and fill up with the other sites and now it is the other way around. In the next week I will also try some more sites as Winimax and 888 and see how this goes. I already played on 888 but had some problems with the software. But they will publish a new sotware (Dominik Nitsche talked about that in podcast w Joe Ingram. Highly recomend to listen to this one! Really good stuff. Thiy guy is a beast!) and I will give it a try. Never played on winimax before but heard some good stuff.  These two site are also compatible with pokertracker and that way I can track my results etc. In the last 2 week in which I played on Natural 8 or pokerstars.eu I realised how important it is to me to know all this stuff. It is not just about the HUD but also about seeing how many hours I played, how many tournaments Iplayed and so on.  This is important for me as I set myself Volume goals. So for the last month my goal was to play atleast 250 Tournaments and more then 40 hours. I reached goals both goals pretty easily w 241 tournaments played on stars and 36 on party + the tournaments on Natural 8 and pokerstars.es which are not tracked. I also played around 60 hours. So happy with my effort. As you can see by far my most traffic was still on stars but we will see how this develops.

So this month I am aiming for at least 300 tournaments and also around 60 hours as I will have to to a lot of stuff for university. This month I also have goal for the amount of hours I am going to study and because of that I will start to track them also. Not sure how I will do it but I will work it out. Also worked out what I will to be studying this month.

Finish first Postflop Video
    Do Call to Action (whatever it is)
    Work on my 4 bet shoving Ranges. (This was the Call to Action in the last Video and I already created Ranges. But I made a mistake and did n’t put in Chip Ev but ICM EV and cause of that the ranges are too tight. So I will do it again)
    Create Rejamming Ranges Sb/BB vs BU/CO open for 10/15/20/25/30 BB
    Extra: FT  Review of my 5.5 Deep Stack and Win the Button. Possibly with other players from my study group or on my own.
    In the next blog I will update you on how I executed and will share some of my study results with you. I want to add more poker content to this blog. This way I have to write down my results and lay out my thought process which I think will be very beneficial for me. It also makes me more accountable I think it will make this blog more interesting for you guys.

On more thing. I just got “Klarheit” which is a calender which helps you to organisze yourself. It also should help you to became more “klar (clear) about your goal, how you want to reach them. After each week /Month it has review party where you have to look on the past week and review what went well and what things went poorly. You also have to set new goals for the next month/week. Anyone of you using Klarheit and has some tips and trick and ideas  how to use it? I am really excited to use it!

Thats it for now. Thanks for reading.

Weezy

kweezy14
    Participant

kweezy14
    Participant

Soooo, Just wrote a post yesterday but was not able to publish it and then my pc crashed and it is gone. Such a badbeat! NEVER lucky. Second try today!

As I mentioned in my last blog I want to keep this blog updated more frequently… so here I go.

As poker goes the last two weeks were pretty good. Really put in effort and played more again. A couple of deep runs and 2 WINS! One 1$ tournament on Party for around 100$ and a 15$ one on Natural 8 for around 250$. Normally I dont play Tounrmants with such an high Buy In as I go for a rather conservative BR approach esp. on pokerstars as the fields are so big. But the fields on Natural 8 are really small (mostly around 60/70 people in those tournaments) and the fields are really soft. So I am playing some tournaments there which are normally out of my BRM. In the recents weeks I started to play more and more on other sites but pokerstars.eu I feel with the latest rake changes and the overall policy of pokerstars regarding their players it is a good idea to give all the competitors a shot! So far I am playing on Party and Natural 8 and I really enjoy it. Software is obv. not as good but fields are smaller and the tournaments are nice.Although the Natural 8 tournaments get a little too short on FTs. One problem I see is that the number of tournaments which fit my schedule and BRM is not big enough on those sites. My focus definately changed. A couple of weeks ago I would fire up all stars tournaments and fill up with the other sites and now it is the other way around. In the next week I will also try some more sites as Winimax and 888 and see how this goes. I already played on 888 but had some problems with the software. But they will publish a new sotware (Dominik Nitsche talked about that in podcast w Joe Ingram. Highly recomend to listen to this one! Really good stuff. Thiy guy is a beast!) and I will give it a try. Never played on winimax before but heard some good stuff.  These two site are also compatible with pokertracker and that way I can track my results etc. In the last 2 week in which I played on Natural 8 or pokerstars.eu I realised how important it is to me to know all this stuff. It is not just about the HUD but also about seeing how many hours I played, how many tournaments Iplayed and so on.  This is important for me as I set myself Volume goals. So for the last month my goal was to play atleast 250 Tournaments and more then 40 hours. I reached goals both goals pretty easily w 241 tournaments played on stars and 36 on party + the tournaments on Natural 8 and pokerstars.es which are not tracked. I also played around 60 hours. So happy with my effort. As you can see by far my most traffic was still on stars but we will see how this develops.

So this month I am aiming for at least 300 tournaments and also around 60 hours as I will have to to a lot of stuff for university. This month I also have goal for the amount of hours I am going to study and because of that I will start to track them also. Not sure how I will do it but I will work it out. Also worked out what I will to be studying this month.

Finish first Postflop Video
    Do Call to Action (whatever it is)
    Work on my 4 bet shoving Ranges. (This was the Call to Action in the last Video and I already created Ranges. But I made a mistake and did n’t put in Chip Ev but ICM EV and cause of that the ranges are too tight. So I will do it again)
    Create Rejamming Ranges Sb/BB vs BU/CO open for 10/15/20/25/30 BB
    Extra: FT  Review of my 5.5 Deep Stack and Win the Button. Possibly with other players from my study group or on my own.
    In the next blog I will update you on how I executed and will share some of my study results with you. I want to add more poker content to this blog. This way I have to write down my results and lay out my thought process which I think will be very beneficial for me. It also makes me more accountable I think it will make this blog more interesting for you guys.

On more thing. I just got “Klarheit” which is a calender which helps you to organisze yourself. It also should help you to became more “klar (clear) about your goal, how you want to reach them. After each week /Month it has review party where you have to look on the past week and review what went well and what things went poorly. You also have to set new goals for the next month/week. Anyone of you using Klarheit and has some tips and trick and ideas  how to use it? I am really excited to use it!

Thats it for now. Thanks for reading.

Weezy

rye_mariano5

I also have the “Klarheit” calender for this year. I’ve found it to be great. Just as far as having your goals written down clearly and being able to stay accountable. For me I’ve found it easiest to just have a few basic goals which I know will challenge me, but I can still achieve regularly. I used to make the mistake of trying to lay out a plan where I had so many things on the go. It looked good on paper, getting so much done is all areas of life, but then you realize, that unless you’re a very very disciplined person, it’s just not realistic to maintain, and it can actually cause some burnout and feelings of failure. At least for me that was what happened. I guess some people are wired differently, but I think for most the most important thing is to have a good routine with daily habits that are healthy and add value to your life. If you’re doing that then you’re already living a good life IMO.

good luck this month!

bencb
    Keymaster

Hey buddy, congrats on your recent wins. It is good that you take some shorts, but always stay honest with yourself. If you feel you need to move down, then do it. Dont get into that mode of chasing looses by playing higher stakes.

GL man

Sick work ethics and great approach in going through the Masterclass. Hope it helps you

kweezy14
    Participant

@Mariano5 Yeah, i totally know what you mean. Using it for the second week and still have to fugure out how to use it exactly. So far I am using it for wrting down my appointments and important tasks for the week. Also like that you “have to” prioritize tasks. Not always easy to do but I feel it helps. Also I am currently working through the Coaching Part. I feel it is really helpful for me and I learn a lot about myself but it is also not easy. I try to be as  honest as possible with myself and I find myself really struggeling wih some questions. Sometimes you are afraid of the answers you might get when you ask yourself. So i take my time doing it and see it as a process.

@Bencb Yes i try to be mindful enough too see when it is time to move down again and to not take these shots. I will see how it goes and decide.Thanks for the kind word and we will see if I can keep it up.

As I told you last time I hade somer problems with Pokertracker 4 which I fixed today. So now I have a HUD on pokerstars.es and will be able to track my results which is nice. Also started playing on 888 and i like it. Only thing I dont like is the fact “all” their tournaments aare with unlimited rebuy/add on.  Dont really play those tournaments too much. But already found some torunaments in the schedule which fit my BRM which is nice. Already made like two FTs in small tournaments but couldnt finish it. Looking forward to my first win on 888.

kweezy14
    Participant

So as promised I also want totalk about some poker content in this blog. So I started to do my Postflop-Analysis of a hand.

Hand is this one: https://www.weaktight.com/h/5ace099cd39043e7178b45e7

I started my analysis on the river to see if I should have called the bet.

Here are my thoughts so far:

• He bets 81.000 into 139.500 so around 59% -> we have to call around 63% of you our Range when we want him to not make autoprofit with his bet
    • So first thing I have to do is to take a look on my Range on the River. I think it look like this
    • We arrive on the river with a lot of Qx and FDs as he bet really small on turn and River (But I want to take a closer look on Turn and River later, also nut sure which hands I should c/r on the flop or turn which makes it hard to create my River Range. I reevaluate this as well)
    • So of this 143 combinations I have to call 90 combinations
      • Which hands do we fold?
      • I first got rid of all the FDs which dont have a pair/or a pair of 4 which leaves us with 105 hands
      • So then i guess we just start to fold our worst Qx?
      • If we do so our Range looks like this
      • So if we follow the mdf and I didnt make any big mistakes in this River analysis I should have called w my Q8s following mdf. But I think we also have to take a look on Villians Range which raises from UTG and on this board does not have too many Bluffs i can think of. He of course has some
    • No Idea why there such huuuge gaps in this post. Will try to fix it. Thats it for now as i have to leave but I am not finished on this analysis. Want to take a closer look to villians Range and see if we should overfold in this spot (as I think) and take a look on my Ranges on Flop/Turn and see how I did regarding mdf.

Thanks for readinng and sorry for the unfinished and half-baked post

Weezy

Attachments:
    rye_mariano5

Nice hand! I think folding river is good here. You can have lots of better hands here to defend with, and realistically regarding MDF you should trend towards being a little tighter as most players aren’t going to be bluffing at the correct frequencies.

kweezy14
    Participant

What up?

March is not completed yet but still wanted to to a quick update. So far played nearly 300 tournaments this month which was my goal for this month, which is nice. Also managed to work out how to connect my pokerstars.es with my pokertracker so now the tournaments there are also tracked. The biggest part of my volume is def. still on pokerstars but playing a lot more on partypoker. Resultswise I am down this month which is not nice but it is how it is. Hopefully we can turn it around next month. I dont feel like super confident in my game at the moment. So I really want to get some good study in the next time to earn some confidence. Dont just want to chase losses and make sure I get enough study time in. Will work out something for next month.

Also had some goal for the amount of hours I want to study poker this month: 10. It is not a lot but it is a start. Not there yet but I still have some days left and will make it. As I told you in the last blogs I wanted to some study on 3Bet pushing spots and thats what I did. I just created some Ranges for 3Betjamming over an Co or BU open raise from the Sb or BB.  Did some playing around with the ranges with 10bb/15bb/20BB/25bb. In all this cases the open raiser from Co/BU never has a jamming range and is always just openraising. So we assume there is another deep Stack sitting in the blinds so he just cant open jam.

What are my conclusions?

1. I am def not rejamming wide enough; esp vs. CO.
    2. It makes a huge difference if we have 10 BB or 20 BB. For example in the SB vs. an Bu open. With 10 BB we can jam as wide as K7s or KTo or A3o and with 20 BB we have to more careful and can only jam Kj0
    3. As we get shorter it gets way more important that we have high cards hands as we dont have so much Foldequity.
    4. We can rejam fairly wider from the BB. We dont have to make another person (in case of the Sb the BB) fold.
    5. Keep in mind that we dont want to jam all our profitable jams from the BB as we get a good price and are last to act. For this reasons we def want to call a lot of the hands. If we take a look at this Range for example. Vs a loose BU open we could profitable push all this hands with 15bb.

So we def want to jam some hands and call some. So which one should we jam? I think we should jam all the hands that are profitable shoves and really bad to play postflop esp OOP. So i would jam all Ax, 22-QQ and sometimes trap w KK-AA, jam alle the offsuited and suited broadways. But I would call some of the suited combos as K7-K9s,Q9s,JTs-KTs as they play really good postflop. Obv we call a lot wider in this spot but i wanted to take a look at the hands we could also jam.  What do you guys think? Am I on the right track with my thoughts? Is it a problem that my flatting Range is quite weak and i can not really continue on A high boards?

Thats it for now. Hope you have7had a great Week and keep crushing.

Weezy

Attachments:
    kweezy14
    Participant

Already two weaks in the new month! So lets do the quick update.

Since last post I had some nice runs and good finishes but overall my BR is going down. Because of the good finshes here and there it is an up and down but since beginning of the year I am slowly bleeding. Yeah I am lossing the important pots deep a lot in torunament but i dont want to blame the runbad. But i have to say it is hard sometimes. It just feels undeserved. It doesnt matter if I get a suckout, run into a cooler, or just bust out close to a big score. It just feels undeserved and in that moment it feels as it will never happen. BUT fuck that. Poker is not about deserved or not. It is about getting up again and again and again. And it is about working on yorself and focus on the stuff you can control. Someone in the forum was mentioning something I feel is really important. When you winning assume it is rungood. And when you are loosing it is because you are playing bad. So dont blame others but look for yourseld. And that is what I want to focus on. As I am playing micro stakes and my BR is still big enough I dont see reason to move down even more (moved down a bit 1/2 month ago). Rather I just want to make sure I develop my own game and focus on getting better as it is really the only thing that matters.

So for the next four weeks I want to do the following things each week:

– 300 push/fold spots with snapshove (3-14BB, 8/9 players, 10/12% ante)-> most common spots

– at least one review session per week -> looking for hand I want to analyse more in depth

– post at least one Hand in Discord and/or here -> Analyse hands more in depth

– watch at  least one hour of content (reviewing videos of masterclass as I want to make sure I understand the concepts so far and recap the content)

– play at least 100 tournaments per week

It is already Tuesday but I will still try to make it this week. Also got a new Laptop and now figuring out how to get my PT4 databae backed up and how to get it to the new PC. Had some problems last week with that and hope that I can fix them. Besides from that really happy with my new setup (also new monitor and new mouse). No lagging anymore and HUD is also already working!

So Guys. Have a nice week and I will let you know how I did.

Cheers

Weezy

bencb
    Keymaster

Hey buddy, rough times but you have a strong mindset, so dont give up !

I wouldnt recommend practicing with snapshove. Practice with icmier or nash where you can also adjust ranges based on your experience. I am not a big fan of just firing hands with icmizer and only seeing end results.

Keep going champ!

kweezy14
    Participant

What up guys?

Short update incoming. So how did last week go? Did I reach my goals? Not all, but most of them.

– 300 push/fold spots with snapshove ->@Bencb. Yeah got your point. I am still doing Push/fold spots with HRC where I play around with Ranges when I do my review. But I feel knowing or at least having a good idea of what I can jam nashwise in a certain spot gives me a good guide line/basis on which I can adjust. BUT it is really important to do the Range work with HRC.

– at least one review session per week -> Did two. One one my own and one with Elrondsbote from my study group! those sessions are always super helpful to me. Sometimes you jst need someone to tell you that you fucked a hand up.

– post at least one Hand in Discord and/or here -> Did a post yesterday. Did not get a answer yet, so might repost it to get some input.

– watch at least one hour of content -> rewatched the openraise Video. Super happy that I had this idea. I think it is super helpful to watch content again and refresh the main concepts. Got me back on track with table awareness (looking on Bu/BB when open raising and adapting way more from the Ranges!!-> basically a game changer)

– play at least 100 tournaments per week ->played 144. little over 1/3 on party and main part on pokerstars.eu/.es. not playing on 888 poker at the moment as I have some problems with the foftware again. Sometimes tournemant lobby is not opening and i can not register tournaments. Annoys me when grinding so I just leave 888 out at the moment.

So overall pretty happy with my effort. So what about the results?

Overall a winning week. Nothing to exciting but a deep run yesterday in the 1.1$ Powerfest on Party poker. I got 4th out of 2500 runners which is super nice. Of course always sad when you are so close but in retrospect it feels way better already. Already looking forward on doing some review on this FT. There were some spots I was not sure about and I will be reviewing them and post some results here. I found out that the guy who one the powerfest tournament is also in the RYE discord and I asked him if he is interested in reviewing some of the spots together. I think that would be really nice. Will see if he is interested.

So next week already started. What are the goals?

– 300 push/fold spots with snapshove

– and 20 push/fold spots w HRC

– at least one review session

– post at least one Hand in Discord AND here -> at least 1 ICM Analyse from the FT

– watch at least one hour of content -> rewatch 3 Betting/flatcalling video

– play at least 100 tournaments per week

So thats it for now. Have a wonderful week guys. Enjoy your break after Scoop.

Weezy

rye_mariano5

Nice work ethic man! keep up the hard work. You’re on the right path no doubt.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.