Home Forums Poker Blogs Tournament Blogs Poker from Chicago am Rhein

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hey pundul, actually dont have the Bounty course! I just watched the free Bounty videos from RYE on youtube and worked with them. When I analyze a bounty spot I work around with Ranges and Equilab and see how much looser we call with bountys. Still a lot of guessing because not sure about equity drop at different stages but better then nothing and for sure better then doing nothing :D

Oh ok, I see! As you say, definitely better than nothing, but I bet it’s difficult to do without any therotical ground. The bounty course is 100% worth it in case you think about taking it, especially because when you study spots, it’s so easy to make big mistakes in the setup leading to wrong results. No more guessing with it.

Anyway, sorry for the advertising post ^^ good luck mate!

kweezy14
    Participant

week 13 (01.07-07)
    Next week is in the books and time is fyling! I played 4 sessions with 97 tournaments (+PP) So I for sure played 120 this week. Likely more. Study again was pretty good and reached nearly all my goasl (video, 10 bounty spots, 2 hands discord, and 1 review session) and only missed to give feedback to a hand. Pretty solid week with breakevenish results. Made 2 FTs and in both called of my stack to bust. 1 was for sure a punt and other one seems fine but could also argue for exploitativ fold because the line he uses is very underbluffed (x/r, bet, jam) but yeah. This s how it goes. Making mistakes is part of the game AND part of the process.. I try to capitalisze on those mistakes and learn from them so I dont do them again! Lesson learned is (agian very basic): “They always have it” & herofold>herocall as ben says On same note important to try not to be to result orientated and over simplify things but these „ideas“ are so basic and still so important/right especially at FTs at the micros.
    Next week is going to be the same as the last one. Grinding at least 4/5 sessions and try to get solid study as well. Nothing special but small steps! We keep going.
    Study goals:
    – next Bounty video RYE
    – 1/2 review session (finish review BB22)
    – complete notes again
    – 5 bounty spots
    – post 2 hands discord + feedback to 1
    Have a great week!
    Weezy

kweezy14
    Participant

Week 14 (8.07-14.07)

Here we are on another Monday. Just a short update this times. Just finished a review with one of my study partners and it was a really heplfull one. Got some confidence in my game back after getting destroyed last week. One of my biggest loosing weeks all year which for sure had influence on my game.  I juts did not play my a Game (or at least not in parts) and could have done better. Ssometimes it is also just hard to say if you are playing really bad or you just run inot bad spots over and over again in which you get in bad (but played all right). Only thing I can do is to work on my game and try to keep improving. What I notice is that i dont punt off  whole stacks big time like I used to when running bad/tilting bud I just loose focus and then miss a lot of small spots which I could play better which has also significant influence on winrate in total. Getting better with my mental game but for sure still lots of work to do. So today and tomorrow some good study and regain confidence and then back at it Wednesday-Sunday with Saturday probably off.

Last week: Played 115 torunaments with ABI of 9,6$ (+PP); goals: Notes: check, 5 bounty spots: nope, review session: check, viedeo: check ( watched Calling wide for Bounty and Pko as short stack from RYE youtube), posted hands: check, feedback: fail

Next week

– 2 review sessions (finish BB22 review)

– 5 Bounty spots

– Post 2 hands

– Finish Mindest video RYE

– Extra: Postflop as shortstack Video

Volume: 120 games+

Besides poker everything is going realy well. I am working out a lot and was able to start running again after my knee injury. I am still loosing weight slowly but steady an I am at around 78kg now (lowest point in years for sure and my best shapemaybe ever). Holiday is coming up soon, so some stuff to organisze there as well. Already booked some accommodations for the frsrt nights and I am starting to get really excitied for the trip!

Only 1 1/2 weeks left. Lets make them count!

Weezy

kweezy14
    Participant

Week 15 (15.07-21-07)

Good morining lovely Boys and girls. Monday morning here in Cologne and I just woke up after the Sunday Grind. Couple of really good runs but not break through in the end but it was really fun and I put myself in some good positions for great runs. Get them next time! Now the week is over and my holiday is nearly there. I will be flying out on Friday, so only four days left. I will be cutting short on study this week and try to get in at least some good volume. I plan to play 3 days (Tue-Thursday). Besides that I obv have quite some stuff to organisze for holiday and work as well.

Last week was really good one. I played 111 games (no PP) with an ABI 9,9$. Also study was really productive: I got some work done on my notes but I am still behind on this one. I did 3 study sessions and finished the review of my BB22$ deep run. Also finished the mindset video+ posted hand  and gave feedback in Discord. Work on PKO seem to pay off a bit as I won the BB22$ on PP and had some other deep runs in PKOs. Also noticing that peopla are just making huge mistakes in those. It is insane.

As this going to be very likely my last blog for a while I want to do a short recap of the last nearly 4 month. This is the first time in my life I took poker somewhat serious. I dedicate a lot of time towards the game and this was kind of a test phase for me. I wanted to see how I react to tplaying poker very regularly  and how I like it because how can you really say you wanna be a poker player if you never have tried playing long hours+study routine?  you can’t! I am not saying I am being a pro or anything near to that but in the last 15 Weeks I tried to take poker more serious and treat it somewhat like a job and I can say: I fucking love it! I love playing, I like to study and the freedom it gives you to make your own schedule! Was it easy? Absolutely not! But it is absolutely clear for me that my goal is to become a Pro! I want to put that out there to make my self more accountable. I am also talking to my friends and family about this, to do that even more because this is going to be tough for me. I will need to sacrifice other things and just put in the work to make this dream happen. This only can work out if I know why am I doing this and what my goal is.  Somewhere in my mind there is still the voice: “You are just not good enough, you can not make it happen” and this gives me some anxiety but I want to prove it wrong (and anyone else who ist not believing in me).  And to be fair: My results so far are just not good enough to become a “pro” or even consider it. I turned from being a very much loosing player to a winning player on the micros (but no Crusher at all!).  But over the last month I see such a progress/evolution in my game and I have to keep going this path and make step after step to get closer and closer to my goal. But I also realised that I will have to step up a bit. More time and more Effort is needed from my side. I think I can put it some more effective study and get up my volume as well.  I need to give this my all because otherwise I will always ask myself “What if…?” But first HOLIDAY: I willl recover, take a break and recharge and then come back and attack.  After that will write about how I want to step up and how exactly I will be working more/smarter to reach my goals. Also looking for ateast one more live trip this year and thinking about going to Lex Life.

Keep crushing guys and thanks for this amazing place and community. Without you and Ben this wouldn’t even have a small chance and I would probably still just be dreaming about it!

Weezy

pendul7
    Participant

Nice update. Funny how I can totally relate to what you say as I’m going pretty much through the same things.

And I can’t agree more on the “What if?”. When facing an important decision in life, I’ve always tried to imagine how I’ll feel 40 years from now. Will I be happier if I try (even though it might not work) or if I didn’t try in the first place? Most often, I much prefer trying and failing (at the end, what’s the first that can happen anyway?) over asking myself for ever what if I tried?

I’ll most likely be in Lex Live 2, it would be fun to meet, let me know if you’ll be there.

Cheers and good luck for this week!

rye_mariano5

Great stuff man! I think a good thing you can do to help alleviate your anxiety and worry about not being good enough, is to write down a daily affirmation that you are good enough! It’s a small step but can actually help a lot.

good luck with the journey!

atlantis
    Participant

I can understand where your insecurity about your future is coming from. As we both have the exact same goal to become professional poker player I can very much relate to your feelings. Especially to tell your family and loved ones that you want to pursue this dream can be hard. When I first told everybody I will quit university to get more engaged with poker not everybody was happy and I had a few tough talks with my parents. But in the end I got the support I was hoping for and I am sure you will experience the same level of support once your people understand how motivated and passionate you are.

I don’t see a reason why you should feel insecure about your poker skills. From what I can tell from our group review sessions you are the best player of our group and probably the most ambitious too. Also remember I got the balls to try to become a poker professional as well so you shouldn’t be too worried :D In terms of poker skills and bankroll you are one step a head of me, I’m still grinding the micro stakes and you are already playing the small stakes so be proud of what you already accomplished.

Anyway I’m looking forward to your next blog update on how you want to crush your goals!

kweezy14
    Participant

Hey you lovely people,
    Here we go again. I am finally back from my trip to Malaysia and Singapur settled back in Cologne. The trip itself was amazing. Malaysia is a very interesting and beautiful county and it was truely a pleasure to travel trough this country together with my girlfriend and sharing all those memories. I felt again how much I like to travel to new places/countrys and this will always be a big part of my life as it is one of the things I really love. This is one of the reasons poker is very appealing to me as it will allow me to combine some traveling with playing and gives me some freedom in my scheduling. The Holiday was very restful and I am feeling very ready to attack again. I did some study sessions since I am back in which I revisited older material to get back into poker. Also started to watch the review with Ben and Stevie which so far is very helpful. Really cool to see how much you can do with very small sizings even with shallow stacks. Last couples of days I also started playing again and had some good sessions overall. I was playing bit less higher stakes and less tournaments as I noticed I need to start a bit slower after the break. I played 3 sessions and had some good runs. Yesterday I won a Sat into the 55$ Monsun and got 6th which was a very nice score for around 600. It was so fun to run deep in a high Buy in. I felt pretty confident for the most part but I think got a bit money scared around the bubble as it was a pretty big bubble for me (doesnt really affect my BR at all, but still 130$ bubble felt super big). All in all I think I played good and I am thankful for the experience. I will for sure review this tournament and see if I can find some interesting spots.
    This week is actually going to be a short one again as I am heading to Berlin for the weekend to see friends of mine play a concert. On the one side I am really looking forward to it but at the same time I would also like to stay in Cologne and keep grinding. But I didnt see the Boyz for a longer time and it will be great to hang out again and have some fun. Also will be a short trip from Friday afternoon till Sunday evening. I plan to take my laptop with me so i can use the time in the train to study as well. I also have to take care of some other stuff this week so I will only be playing 3x this week and try to play around 90 tournaments.
    Studywise I am planning on doing minimum of:
    -2 reviews
    – watch the Playing OOP as PFA video from RYE
    – post a hand in discord + feedback to a hand
    As it is August already the Cologne Marathon is coming up pretty fast (47 days left) and because of my knee I couldn‘t train much so far. Now it should be fine again and I will be training hard to make it happen. For that reason I will be shifting my focus from strength training to running the next weeks to atleast give me a shot of making it. I will start to run 3x a week, see how this goes and then adjust for the following weeks. I need to get a lot of km under my feet but also have to take care of my knee and dont rush it too hard and I need to liston carefully to my body.
    Thats it for now. Hope you have a great monday!
    Weezy

kweezy14
    Participant

Week 17

So back from my trip to Berlin and still feeling a bit of aftermath from the weekend. Had to to catch up on some sleep and feel very lazy… Thats what you get for a weekend with not enough sleep and to much alcohol I guess. We all have those days (even without the hangover part) and I feel it is important to still get some stuff done on those days which I know are the “right” things to do. Afterwards I always feel a lot better even If i really dont want to do them in the moment (same goes for working out). If you push through and still do it you never regret it afterwards but only feel better and can be proud of yourself for doing it! So here I am and writing, although I would just like to lay on the couch and read a book or watch bullshit in the internet. Also went for a run already which feels like a big accomplishment. And f you get one thing done the next one will be easier….

The trip to Berlin itself was amazing. Had a great time with my friends and was a lot of fun to see their concert at Wulheide which is a pretty big open air location in berlin (loos amazing, a bit like a Amphitheater). It is crazy to see friends of mine making their way to the top in a non “standard” career and now that I am looking to do something similar (very different but also non standard) it is also a huge inspiration and at the same time great to have someone I can talk to about some of the struggles I have. (f.E. how people react to your plans who care about you…).

okay, back to poker! All in all I am happy with the week (only Mon-Fri) Grinded three days and still got a good amount of study in as I did 2 review sessions and watched (finally) the ICM video of the Masterclass. Atlants (who also blogs here) and another meber of our study group pointed out that I am just burning money by not at least watching the video now to get a better idea of ICM impacts. First I was a little hesitant as I wanted to focus on other topics first but then I just watched the video and I agree. It was stupid to not watch the video earlier :D Especially for me playing the morning schedule where ou reach Fts way more regularly…… I nearly finished the preflop video and will be watching the postflop video this week. Missed to post a hand + give feedback last week but will be doing that again this week and hopefully also add a review session into my schedule!  Plan to play 4+ days as well…

So lets get after it!

Weezy

kweezy14
    Participant

Week 18 (02-08.09)

Good Morning fellows,

The week is over and a new week is upon us! Last week went pretty well: I grinded 4 sessions  and played 111 tournaments without PP and I started playing on Natural 8 as well which is not tracked too. Number is a good bid higher! Results were really meh tho. I am bricking lots of deepruns or FTs. In these moments I often feel lost and down because I think I am not moving forward. But this is the result of having a bad definition of progress for myself. If I define my progress about my Bankroll/results my logic is flawed. I need to define progress differently and make it about my studying/learning and getting better but those things are not easily to measure. I know from a logical point of view I got better in the last year/month and even week and i can also ofc see it in my game but this is nothing you can exactly measure. And it is nothing I can show someone else. And this is were this feelings are coming from. I finally had “the talk” with my parents about poker and how I plan to not continue my training of becoming a teacher and focus on poker for the moment. They didnt react too negativ but weren‘t happy about it and they are really focused on outcome/money and I understand where they are coming from. They are worried about my security and how I earn my money, but at the same time it is not very productive form of thinking about poker (in short terms, long term I need to figure out what numbers are realistic and so on) I think my frustration/pain when I bust in those spots is coming from the fear of not having something to show my parents (and others). Because what I realised ist they will have a hard time accepting poke as a thing when i dont show results. More then anything it shows my insecuritys.

It is unreal how good it feels to write my thoughts and the things that bother me down in this blog. It helps me to become certain about my feelings and anxieties. I wasn’t  aware of those things before I started writing but now it is obvious (through writing it down/thinking about it) and now that I know where ist (partially) coming from I will be better at handling it or can work on it.

Yesterday one of the members of our study group had a very deep run in day 2 of the WCOOP 50$. The run itself way so hype! We railed him in Discord and it was very nice to see our group cheer on one of us and hoping the best for him. It was the first time one of us run deep in “a big One” and I am looking forward to have those kind of moments/runs more often in the future when we will be moving forward! The end was heartbreaking as he bubbled the FT when loosing AQ<AT for a huge pot and then 99<K4o. Pretty sick. He of course was very down and felt shitty but when you look on the situation from ouside (not involved yourself) like I can, there is just nothing to be sad about really. He did his best and played as good as he can and then things happend he can not control AND his run is a great accomplishment already But it is impossiple to see this when you dont detach yourself and this is easier said then done.

Study:  Did 2 review sessions this week: One where I looked over the first part of my Monsun run with another player which was incredible valuable to me. It is always awesome to look over my hands with someone who is way better then myself and also very good at explaining certain concepts to make things easier for me. Thanks again for taking the time! On Saturday did a reviewe with the guys from my study group and we looked over on of my recent FTs and looked at it from an ICM point of view which also was very interesting. Also I was way more active in Discord lastw eek, gave feedback and posted hands as well! Only thing I did not do was watch the postflop ICM video which will be on my list for this week!

Next week:

– ICM Postflop

– Post hand RYE/STeviw+MTT Germany

– Feedback 2 hands

-2 Review sessions

Aside from Poker my running training is going good. Ran around 35km last week and looking to do 35-40km this week.  5 weeks to go! Workouts in the gym are on the back seat for the moment. I only did one this week but looking to do 2 next week.

Cheers,

Weezy

studentpok
    Participant

Hey Kweezy,

your post is super interesting. I can relate do that very much. It is so important to have someone to talk to about poker and all your thoughts about poker. I had a very same conversation with my girlfriend two days ago, where i told her about my plans and goals with poker. It was a very good conversation. However, people outside from the poker community can not understand that poker may be a full time job to get you income.

And this is also the reason why study groups are so important in my opinion. You need people to talk to about your poker thoughts and strategies. Otherwise you will not move forward.

I really like your approach! Regarding your running: Seems like you will be doing the cologne marathon ;) ?

Greetz!

kweezy14
    Participant

Week 19  (09.09-15.09)

Here we go again! Last week was a very fun nne. Had loads of deep runs and nice finishes all around! One of them was my 3rd place finish in the Mini Pacific Rim which I always play on the morning schedule and finally managed to have a deep run in it! I dont know why but tit is  a tournament I always cared more about. I dont really know why but was fun to sweat it and one day I will take it down! Yesterday I played the biggest sunday (buy ins ) of my life. I fired a bunch in all the series including the 109$ pko on stars for which I sold 50% of my action. So I was „only“ shot taking a 50$. I was lucky enough to make a run in it and bust only 90 min before day 2!  I will be for sure reviewing this one to see how I was playing but felt pretty good while playin and I think i took the spots I need to (but we will see). No bad feelings about busting it was a pleasure to go that far!

Study: I was a bit lazy regarding studying last week. I did not post a hand on discord and did not watch the ICM Video. I had 2 reviewe sessions tho (in which we again reviewed a Final Table I played and worked on ICM implications which is always good and the topic I am working on). One thing I really like is that I am back at doing more HRC work and I noticed I need to be doing this more regularly again. it gives me a cinfidence boost in a lot of spots and is necesarry for an MTT Grinder. I like to do it as warm up before sessions but would like to integrate one 1h session per week to focus on HRC work. I am always doing some kind of „poker“ warm up before i start playing and really think it is ver beneficial. Mostly I go over some preflop spots (Ranges mostly), do some HRC work or go over some hands (always from my last session).

This week

– HRC session

– Post hand (ICM)+feedback

– ICM Postflop

– review session (one already planed for tuesday)

@studenpok 100% Good to have you in our study group!

Cheery, Weezy

kweezy14
    Participant

Week 20 (16.09-22.09)

Absolutely insane week for me. Played a lot of poker (ABI on PS.eu/es, 888, Winimax was 11,5$) and for sure highest stakes of my life. Won a bunch of satelites on PP as well as on PS.Es and played 2 x 109, and 4 x 55$. Icing on the cake was winning a seat in the 320 Ko series Main event on Party. I was not planing on trying to get into it but then one huge satty had a big overlay and I saw a chance to try and got lucky (have to try to take the free money :D). Unfortunately it didnt take long till I busted but still a lot of fun and my first 320 ever! All in all it was lot of fun to play those tourneys and I first got a glance on how it is to play such a series as a grinder and I cant wait play one fully myself once my BR is ready for it! Yesterday I had my first appereance on an (Big) Sunday Final Table for me. I finished 4/1k runners  in the 33§ Sunday Grind on PP. My 2nd biggest score ever and I couldnt be happier with it. Unfortunately not going to be able to review it which is kind of sad. The Tourney was indeed a grind and it would be interesting to see if my game was slipping a lot and how I managed the ups and downs on the way. So pretty sick week  and enjoyiing the run good. A lot more to come in the future! For now not going to change a lot in my Buy ins. I am going to continue to grind the same stakes and only fire some more 33$, thats it. I will continue to move up slowly.

Study was also very very productive last week. I once again feeling like I am making a ton of progress and the feeling is pure magic. Also very helpful to have such great input from other players which has huge inpact on my studies. Very motivating for me to keep grinding. Once I learn something new or understand something better I always want to play and try it out. At the same time I really enjoy talking strategy and learning. I know I need to always keep up the good work, no matter if I am winning or loosing. It is of course way easier to study+grind when you are winning but some players might be blinded by the results and stop study as muchonce they win something big and I dont want be guilty of it. Same when you are loosing. Always keep moving forward!

I did manage to do: HRC session, Posted hands on discord+gave feedback+ had 4 review sessions. Missed: ICM Postflop. Honestly very happy with my work and icm postflop will stay on the list.

Next week:

– HRC session

– Work on my Notes again (up to date)

– 2 Review sessions

– Post hand+ feedback

– ICM Postflop

Grinding: 4 sessions

Thats all. So you lovely people keep up your good work and lets crush!

Weezy

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.