Home Forums Poker Blogs Tournament Blogs Ok, let's do this

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey man, ty for your good advices!

Haven’t nodelocked so far, since I wasn’t sure how to lock properly, but I’ve tried it out: I’ve set IP 1/3 cbet to 100% and locked OOP Raising range, so that he’ll only Raise his Twopairs, Sets, ATs, A9s as well as his strongest draws. Lets have a look to PIO, how things are going to change here:

You were absolutly right! EVs only change marginally, if we lock to 100% cbet on this texture. Also very interesting are the hands, that we are continuing with, after villains raise:

We see, that it ist almost 0 EV, if we continue with our KK, QQ and lower PP against a raise. Normally, I would have called at leas 1 street with them, but we see, that this is very marginal. Also we see, that calling our 2nd and 3rd pairs here only has an EV of around 0.3 to 0.4 BB, so very very marginal. I think we can fold this holdings here against a Raise from OOP, if he only raises around 7,5% ( A5, A4, A3, 76, 44, 33, K2s, Q2s, J2s, 65s).

Kind Regards,
    Bela

If you don't have a port to set sail for - there's never going to be favourable winds

molemolemole
    Participant

Really cool thread, looks like you’re putting in the work! I just read through a few posts but I’m going to go back to the start and read through everything in full once I’ve started my own study in earnest. GL!

belaninar
    Participant

Hey everyone!

Ordered some new RAM and an additional Harddrive, installed it and now my PC is fired up by 16 GB of RAM ( instead of 8) and extra 4 TB of Harddrive space. I noticed, that PIO is really taking a lot of RAM, if I want to make thorough analysis with 3 or 4 different sizings. So for now, I’m going to start off with a PIO analysis again. This time it is not a specific Hand I’d like to review, but more of an overall strategic line, if we play UTG vs BB ( narrow Range vs wide Range) on a 567 rainbow board.
    Most of the time I was rather unsure to check or to bet here and how to react on later streets. This analysis should clear this up, let’s start!.

First of all, lets have a look on the Setup again:

OOP’s Range is:

IP Range is:

Flop:

My first guess here was, that OOP could have a leading range on the Flop, since this board basically crushes his ranges and misses IP range. But as we see, we have a checking range of nearly 100% (except for some rounding errors).

IP range should have a rather big amount of checkbacks, lets have a look at it:

As we don’t have that much Foldequity vs BB range on this board, we have to checkback around 50% of the time on this texture. Very important sidenode here is, that IF we bet, we want to bet 2/3 Potsize most of the time, since this board really connects with BB range and we a) want to get value out of his draws here and b) have to protect a lot with our holdings.
    In general we can see here, that with a lot of A High, where we have quite some Equity and SD Value, we are incentiviced to check back, since we cannot call against a checkraise on this boards with these holdings, but we want our Equity to be realized. We bet most of our KJs, KT, QJs, QTs type of hands, to balance with our PP and hits, since we block some of Villains Qxs or Kxs combos. We see, that with every handcategory that needs more protection, we want to increase our cbetting frequency.

Turn:

Lets have a look at the Turn for four different scenarios:

A) We bet 2/3 Flop, OOP called and the card is a Broadway card
    B) We bet 2/3 Flop, OOP called and the card is a Mid / Low card
    C) We check Flop and Turncard is a Broadwaycard
    D) We check Flop and Turncard is a Mid / lowcard.

A)

I chose the Qh as a representative of a Broadway card. OOP should check 100% of the time to the PFA. OOP should do this on basically on every T to A.

B)

Turncard is a 3c:

On a brick Turn, since this board really connects with OOP’s range now, OOP should start leading here 1/3 to 2/3 potsize with his straights and his set, but should check his one pair hands, as well as the weaker twopairs.

C)

Card again is a Qh:

When the PFA gives up the aggression and checks to us, we should start betting the Turn OOP, even with a broadway card on the turn around 15% of the time. Interesting here is, we should go overbet ( 120%), since we represent such strenght on a boardcard, that hits villains range a lot. We clearly attack his Top pairs, as well as his overpairs with this sizing.

D)

Turncard is a 3c again:

Here we see, that we should start betting almost 100% of the time. We choose a smaller sizing ( 1/3) with our one pair hands and overbet ( 120%) most of the time either with our strong holdings, like sets and straights, as well as with our draws here. With this sizing we are polarizing ourself and it is more of this “all or nothing” holding.

Conclusion:

In this analysis, I mainly wanted to focus on frequencies and betsizing with narrow vs wide ranges on a texture that favours OOP’s player. I’ve seen, that even if this board nails OOP, we still check basically 100% on the Flop. On the Turn we start polarizing ourself most of the time if we have a draw OOP or a stron holding. With our one Pair hands, we should bet small  ( 33% in general) to keep Villains range wide, so basically extract value of his weaker holdings, like A High. Also it was nice to see, how to react on cards that favours IP range: Here we basically want to either check or overbet turn.

Kind regards,
    Bela

If you don't have a port to set sail for - there's never going to be favourable winds

belaninar
    Participant

Hey guys!

Time for an update here! It’s been quite a while, since I’ve written a somewhat “standard” blog entry without any study stuff. But I think time is right to do give an update here. So what is going on, on my side? Let’s start with a review: I’ve been in a stable for around 2.5 months now and I really have to say it is great. Having so many people by your side, where you have the feeling that almost everyone wants to achieve the maximum of his capability is really great. I think we are pushing each other to the max, learn different points of views on certain spots (which is really really important I think!) and just help each other out. Also, the runner of the stable is putting a lot of work in making things better and easier for the players, so we can concentrate on grinding. I really think it was a great decision joining there.

Last 1.5 months I’ve been in a downswing. Even though ppl. around me telling it is really not that big of a downer, since I only need one decent bink, it still feels really shitty to me. Thing is, I wasn’t used to play the limits I play now and loosing like 60 – 80 ABI really makes me question my game. I mean, I really study a lot and focus on my decisions, but when ending a session with -20 EV /100, because I run into top ranges, loosing big pots etc. it makes my questioning my game. Often enough, I cannot say if it’s just variance or if I played it bad. Of course, it’s always easy to say, that it must have been due to variance, but using this arguments is like pushing away your own responsibility for actions way too often. What I think is a wrong approach here is tighten up my game. And this I notice happens quite often in my games, when I’m in a swing and I know this is a mindset thing. But at least, this gives me a hint, where I also have to put work into. All I can do to this is study, study and study again. One of the things, that I always keep in mind, when I’m in this mood, is a quote form Ben here, that says, that all the swings, all the downers is a test of how much I really want it. And damn, I want it! I want to grow here and to achieve the long term (and short term) goals I’ve set to myself. Things are not always sweet as sugar and you cannot always change or control the things that strike you. But you can for sure change and control the way you deal with this stuff and this is what counts.

Another thing that I’m really looking forward to is a meeting with Domergy (also a fellow RYE student and stable member) in december. I’m packing my grindstation here and will be driving to him, to have a grindhouse for around a week, where both of us will be grinding together. Man this will be so much fun!! It’s really great to have awesome guys around you.

Wish all of you guys the very best! Although I’m not writing much in the other blogs here, I read most of them and feel with most of you guys. I think we all have quite similar goals in one or another way and we all want to live a lifestyle, that is not so common. We have to create the path that we want to walk and not just walking a path that has already been made by others. This is harder, yeah, but also more rewarding! So keep it up guys :-)

LET’S DO THIS!!!

Kind regards,
    Bela

attoliniboss
    Participant

I think these are the times u get tested and you know where the RYE gifs are made from and made for. If we want to pursue this dream it’s like any other job or task. Great things take time and aren’t accomplished overnight. when you are in a run like this I like your honesty to take responsibility as well and improve wherever you can be! Downswings don’t stop at a supposed time unfortunately but the only way to fight them is believe in yourself play your a game and remember its a volume game. BOL bro I am sure you can overcome this I have faith in you. And so should you.

scooba troopa
    Participant

keep working hard as you do mate. This is the thoughest part of poker, where we have to keep going also if is really hard to not questioning our game and feel we are not enough!

Let’s crush!

belaninar
    Participant

Hey guys,

today I had an interesting FT spot in the $11 Rebuy, where I was unsure what to do:

Midstack opens, 3BB guy Jams all in. I wasn’t sure what Range I can rejam here under these ICM conditions, so I’d like to have a look into HRC.

HRC:

First off all lets assign Ranges to the Players. CO as relative Bigstack will probably open something like this:

The 3 BB Stack has basically no ICM considerations here, so his jamming Range will be like:

Given this Information, I can rejam the following Range here:

I can basically rejam 55+ ( 44 marginal), A9s+ ATo+ KQs+ ( KJs marginal).

Now lets assume, CO would open around 5% tighter that the above range:

We see, that now the suited Qx hand get more marginal. We can still rejam 44+ here, but should be around 1 Handcategory tighter then above. In general we see, that Highcard hands will mostly still be a call, where connectors get really -$EV here.

Conclusion:

This result is kind of interesting to me, since I thought we have to be way tighter here, since we are not the shortstack. If we look at the Risk Premiums here:

We can see, that we only have around 1% RP against the Shortstack, but around 27% vs the Bigstack, so in this Reshove consideration, the most impact has the shove against the Bigstack. If we compare our Shoving range to a scenario, where only the Bigstack opens, we can shove:

This is nearly the same range as with the 3BB Stack together. The shortstack will just be treated as some sort of dead money here, that widens our Jamming range a bit.

Kind regards,
    Bela

rye_mariano5

I think you have the BU jamming too wide. Even though he’s short I don’t see him just putting in there with like J5s, K7o, Q2s, etc.  He still has a bunch of free hands so can wait a bit for a better spot.

belaninar
    Participant

Wow! Almost 2 Months no update here, this needs to change and I can tell you, a lot of things happened here. So lets start!

Recap 2018

I play poker for around 1.5 years now. The start of 2018 was basically the time when I said to myself, that want to take my game to the next level. Around that time ( or better end of Nov. 2017) I bought the RYE Masterclass, began working with it, improving and constantly learning poker from the roots. Now around 1 year later I can look back to pretty awesome things that happened to me:

• Made some really great friendships pokerwise
    • I’m in a studygroup, that holds and works together for an entire year now
    • Made some really drastic decisions to my life ( will come to that later in this blog )
    • Moved up ABI limits from $2 –> $18
    • Worked my way through many different progams that helps me improve my game ( Flopzilla, PIOsolver, HRC )
    • Joined a stable where I’m absolutly happy with
    • Raised my simultaniously table count from 2 to 6
    • Increased my Volume to at least 190 – 200 Games / month
    • Learned how to analyse my HM2 Database thoroughly

All in all I can say, that I’ve improved my game so much in this year and I’m really proud of this. Last 2 months I was going through a really bad downswing and I was really questioning my game and everything. Although this was really bad, I’m kind of thankfull for this, as I’ve made the experience, how it is in this swings and no matter how bad they are, I don’t have to loose faith. I’ve become a stronger person and I think this was one of the important lesson’s I’ve learned when considering beeing a professional player…Speaking of that:

When it’s time to go all in…

So this is it. Over the last couple of months I was questioning in which direction I want to go. Do I want to chase a career at the university, getting a PhD.? Do I want to go into industry as an engineer, make a whole lot of money? Or do I want to go all in for it and continue the journey I currently contest? I decided for the last one. I want to give it a try. One of my greatest fears is, to have that “What if…” thought, when things are REALLY to late to start. I think – for me at least – life is more then working in a 9 – 5 job for the dreams of someone other. I always felt and still feel kind of depressed, when I think of this life. Not conquering your dreams feels like a waste of life and energy for me. What really gave me a kick in the butts was this picture here:

This is the “Hubble ultra Deep Field”. It is a fraction of the night sky ( a realy tiny one actually) that was exposed over a period of a few weeks by the hubble space telescope. Everything you see there is actually a whole Galaxy – not a single star. Somehow, this picture gives me the chills. It reminds me, how large this whole universe is and how smallish the little problems we daily conquere are actually. It reminds me, that life is the utmost valueble thing we all have and I don’t want to throw it away by doing stuff I don’t want to. It somehow gives me a new perspective to things and by looking at this I really get more confident about this every hour, every minute, every second. With start of May 2019, I gonna quit my job and give full time poker a try. I want to move all in on this thing and the time couldn’t be any better.

I’m so on fire to give this my all. I study hard on a nearly daily basis. I have the best environment possible with all the people I know and now it’s all about walking the road my heart shows me – cheesy as it sounds ;-) . And I’m really pumped to say, that this developement as it is now, wouldn’t be possible without all of those great people I’ve met: xFlixx, Nikkymouse, Bencb, Mariano, Ferdian, Denis, Domenik, Julian, Scooba, Michael and many many more. If there really is something like faith, then it wants to be taken into one’s own hands. So once again, let’s rise and

LET’S DO THIS!!!!

Kind regards,

Bela

rye_mariano5

Awesome man! Good luck with the journey! work your ass off and see where it leads!

scooba troopa
    Participant

That’s great!!!! Good luck mate, i’m sure you can do it!!!

Btw is funny you put out the picture of that portion of the universe, cause last days i was watching documentaries about universe and black holes and i was thinking how small we are and how selfish thinking that human race is at the centre lol, wht a coincidence.

Let’s go! :)

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.