Home Forums Poker Blogs Tournament Blogs Ok, let's do this

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone,

just noticed, I haven’t written a few lines about myself. So I’d like to do it right here, right now :-)

My Name is Belaninar, I’m currently 33 years old an live in Germany. I’ve studies electrical Engineering, got my Master Degree and work part time as a research member at a University. The other Part, I’m investing time in a second study: Psychology, which I am at the 5th Term (semester) right now.

Generaly, I’m very interested in philosophical topics, on how the universe works, how we can experience it with our conscious mind and what consciouss is. My main emphasis in psychology is the subconsciouss and the psychoanalysis. I’ve done quite a few trainings in Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy and use it sometimes for mental coachings for high performers (since, this does not fall under the german therapeutical law).

And now to Poker:

I started playing poker in August 2017, so I’m kind of fresh to it. Since, I am the competetive guy, it soon hooked me. After reading quite a few books ( there, my academic background hooks in) and loosing quite a few dollar in cashgames, I’ve diceded to switch to MTT’s, because it was way better for my Mindset to know, that I cannot loose more, than I have invested with the buy in.
    From there on, I was mainly watching youtube Streamers ( greeting to xFlixx!) which inspired me a lot. In November 2017, I’ve bought the MTT Masterclass apprentice Level. Even though, it was a lot of money, I wanted to become better at Poker an most of all, I wanted to learn modern approaches to Tournament Poker, since Poker did change so much in the last couple of years and I didn’t want to learn outdated stuff, that I have to learn new again, after memorizing it.

Since then, I was watching and working on my Preflop course and my ranges for most of the time. It is really hard for me to learn all this advanced stuff, because I’m so new to poker: I knew it would be hard, but I want to get better! So I watched every Preflop Video 4 -5 Times, making notes, doing excercises and stuff. Currently, I’m doing the Postflop course intensely ( I first watch all Videos, to get the whole picture and then watch them seperatly again and work on certain spots). Even though, the “Big cash” is still waiting, I have the feeling, that my game has very much improved in these 3 Months. Recently, I’ve upgradet to expert class with a goal I set for myself:

By August 2018, I’m going to play Poker as a Part time job ( to my job as a researcher) and I want to make my game as good as possible by then. Starting with a BR of 200$, I’m playing 55cent and $1.10 Tourneys, as well as some sattelites for bigger Tourneys on PokerStars. My BRM is to have at least 100 BuyIns for a Tourney, where I actually rather tend to go to 200 BuyIns, since I’m still learning. So more on the conservative side.

I try to post some updates here and there, so stay tuned :-)

Kind regards,

Bela

If you don't have a port to set sail for - there's never going to be favourable winds

belaninar
    Participant

And please excuse my bad english! I can understand it waaaay better, than I can write/speak it ;D !

If you don't have a port to set sail for - there's never going to be favourable winds

scooba troopa
    Participant

Hey man, welcome on board!!! ;) I like your application! Will be a long road but with dedication and application you will crush for sure!

If you want to go through some hand histories let me know, i’m not a crusher but maybe i can help ;)

GL

rye_tomy
    Participant

Hey Belaninar and welcome to RYE community! You are deff in the right place here to crush mtt’s! Nice you watched multiple times videos, just learn slow and steady. Make sure you also join Discord group.

Gl on your journey and keep us updated!

the_koorn
    Participant

greetz bela, having a scientific mindset should definitely help conquering all the little details of the game. picking the right sources for information is key in science and key in poker. so good job on that one^^

glgl

belaninar
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the nice welcoming!

@scooba: If you want, we can Discuss some Hands ( yours and mines) on discord. Every analysis I do sure helps me, to get a feeling for it. I’m noticing, that after I played a hand and I analyse it, I can find much more details then at the table, when I’m playing the hand. But I guess it’s just training :-)

Kind regards,

Bela

scooba troopa
    Participant

You can find me in Discord, same nickname as here! ;)

belaninar
    Participant

Ok First Update here:

Last couple of days, I was focusing on the “Playing PFA IP 40BB+” Course. Had some nice results, that rose my confidence more up. Played couple of sattelites and Registered for the Hot $5.50 and Hot $4.40 , also had a Deeprun at the $2.20 Deep Stacked Tourney. The Cashes there reaaaaly boostet my Bankroll ( Got around $20 on a BR of $200, so 10%!!).

Today I began watching the “PFA as a coldcaller” course. I get more and more confidence in playing Postflop. Also my Mindset has risen, since slightly, I noticed that it’s not about beeing sucked out KK vs 44 or something like this. It is the longrun that matters. Beeing in spots where I get sucked out 2 Times, but get Villains stack 4 Times is definitely +EV.
    It seems so simple to read / write this, but somehow it made “click” in my head. It’s much clearer now, that I’ll win, even if I loose. I hope, there will be many more “clicks” in the future, too.

So Todays schedule will be:

Go out with Girlfriend for coffee and then grinding at the early evening.

Still not 100% sure, if I’m just going to Grind MTTs or have a lookout for 45 – 180 player SnGs. Maybe both.
    Hey, I’m still so fresh in this game I have to “Stoß meine Hörner etwas ab” ( as you would say in Germany xD).

Kind Regards,

Bela

bencb
    Keymaster

Happy you had some good results man!
    A long the course, your confidence will rise. Suckouts will bother you less and less because you will recognize more profitable spots you can take and you dont need to rely so much on all ins. Take your time champ, setbacks will come. But this is normal :) Keep up the good  work!

belaninar
    Participant

Update:

Ok, keep breathing Bela … keep breathing …. I did it. Starting August 1st, I will work part time half a week, so that I’ll have 2.5 days a week for just playing poker! My Boss just signed my application for this. I’m so happy right now. This means, I can realy try to get a steady income with poker and I have the free time to do so. My income will be safe for the time beeing, so this will be sweetness for my mindset.
    But this means another thing: Study, Study and again .. Study!

My goal for the next 4 months will be: Clear the Masterclass Expert Course till August!

It should be attainable. And I don’t want just to “watch” it, I want to internalize the concepts, do al least 3 Hand analysis per week and develope my game till then!

Ah yes and as a little piece of chocolate:

Had a deeprun yesterday evening in thr $1.10 Mi- Mayor on PartyPoker. Finished 26th with JJ < AA. Realy nice run which a Turned Royal Flush put the Icing on top 8)

Best Regards,

Bela

rye_mariano5

Awesome news! Good luck with the extra poker time!

belaninar
    Participant

Ok guys, this is reaaaly some sort of summernights dream:

Two days ago, I noticed by logging into my PartyPoker Account, that I have a bunch of freeroll Sattelite Tickets to larger MTTS. $1.10, $2.20, $5.50 and $11. Played all of them, busted in all of them, except the $11 Sat. Shipped that one and advanced to the following $109 Sat. First 9 Places got a Ticket to an $1050 MTT or PKO Event on Party. After ups and downs, I beat that one, too an actually got a Ticket for a $1050 MTT High Stakes Tournament! Oh my … Absolutely not my stakes, and I could not cash it out.
    Then today, I registered for the $1050 Sunday Bounty Hunter PKO on Party. It had around 400 Entries, far more, then I had anticipated for that limit. I played better, then I thought in that field. I tried to use all the concepts, I’ve learned that far in Ben’s Course. I constantly chanted “same spiel here” to get into Ben’s energy field ( :-P) and catched some bluffs, had pretty solid reads and everything went realls well. And then it happened: I mincashed and got a bounty, that boosted my Bankroll from $100 up to $1400. Now I’ll be able to Grind the $3.30 and $4.40 MTTs with a much more conservative Bankroll.

I want to thank all here at RYE, all the coaches, all the Players, that are on the forums, xflixx, Nikkymouse and the whole GRND Gang, Boemingo and SkyClubMan, also fellow RYE Members, which I study Poker with!

LET’S CRUSH PEOPLE!!!

rye_mariano5

Amazing stuff man! Be sure to keep your head down, study hard, and use good BRM. It sometimes takes a good break to get things going and here it is!

let’s goooo!!!!!

bencb
    Keymaster

Congrats man! Keep crushing :)

belaninar
    Participant

Little Blog Update:

I’ve decided to invest some of my winnings in private coaching lessons. Since I want to take Poker more seriously, I think it is a good investment and it is a lot of fun, working with the coaches here at RYE. Had our first Coaching yesterday and I must say it was very productive. Gone through two hands of my $1050 Sat. Tournament. Also it has shown me, that I have a loooot to learn and what should I say… I’M BURNING MAN :D. I want to learn, I want to improve and I want to f***ing crush! I’m very eager to learn and to get better and better.

As for homework, I’m doing some analysis on Flop, Turn and Riverplays.
    So here is my first analysis:

Spot is HJ vs BB , Hyper-Turbo Sat.

I openraised 2.2x, BB called.

In this specific hand, I think checking is the better option against a good player. BB missed that Board quite a lot. I opted to check, because my hand doesn’t need a lot of protection. Against fish, I probably would bet for Value, to get called from weak PP, JT, KQ Type of Hand, that fish would continue here with.

All in all, my checking/betting pattern would look like this:

On this Boardtexture, I would eithter bet or check the red/green marked Hand, as they don’t need that much Protection on this board. For balancing, I would also check some of the weaker Ax, since BB can have some of those, too.
    QQ,44,22,A4,A2 I would bet for Value, whereas I could also checkback A4,A2,22,44, but having 44 or 22 , it makes it more likely for him having an ace, so I think betting with these would be better here.

I would bet the PP 33-JJ for protection here, since there are a lot of overcards, that Villain could hit on Turn/River.
    Not sure with A8s – AJs here. Villain could have some better Ax in his calling Range,but I think I can still bet here to get some Value out of his PP.

The light blue Hands, I would cbet as a bluff, because of the Equity advantage.
    54s would be a Universal cbet, since I have some Value, protection and Bluff combined

All in all I think in this spot, I have a huge Equity advantage, thus I would cbet around 75 – 85%.

Kind Regards,

Bela

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.