Home Forums Poker Blogs Tournament Blogs My journey : about improving my life & poker skills

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, my name is Marius,and I have 26 years old.

I am grateful to all the people I learned from. This blog is for my improvement and I hope I will help others improve perhaps.

In the past ,I have played higher stakes but I`ve learned the bankroll management rule on the hard way.

I am playing  midstakes turnaments and cash games NLH for now but I aim higher.

I was a little lazy lately with the study and I noticed that the longer you delay , the harder it gets to get  back.

I am playing poker for 6 years , what drives me is the passion to compete and the freedom that comes with poker.

I have a tough period now with MTTs but  I noticed that during this periods I studied and progressed the most .

I find inspireing Ben`s content and the mission of this community.

Yesterday for exemple I tried the cold shower and I went  for some women approaches. I had a great time and meet some very qute girls .(I am lucky that I live in Romania ).

I am reading a book recommended by Fedor Holz :The one thing by Garry Keller. It is amasing content for poker and life . I fully recommand.

Also I am passionate  about fitness ,I workout 4-5 days a week .Today I will smash legs before my Thursday MTT session.

rye_mariano5

Hey what’s up Marius!?  Welcome to the RYE community! Be sure to join the discord app for great discussions about poker and other aspects of life. It’s a great community there.

good luck with your journey. be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

rye_tomy
    Participant

Hey man!

I am grateful to all the people I learned from.

i really like that sentence from you a lot!

You certainly find the right place to be 

Gl at the tables!

mariusas91
    Participant

“Anyone going slowly arrives far ” Chinese proverb .

About four years ago when I started legpressing I used maximum 60KG weights and I was affraid to add more.

I increased slowly tho, and last Thursday I came to 200Kg . I weight about 70 KG myself.

My Thursday session was disappointing but I am happy with how I played.
    On friday I started to play cash games and I think that in the following hand I was over aggresive.

My oponent is a regular, I don`t have any stats but I assume it is decent since is playing multitable zoom 200.

We do not have any history,I expect him to play on the solid side.

What Pio suggest on the flop for IP :

For the cutoff:

In game I knew that this hand is not a barrel on this turn most of the time . I don`t know way still I wanted to put my oponent on the test.

The problem is that we block hands that we want to fold (66,67 ) and only one value combo 65 in spades.

So hands like KQo,AQ are much better barrels.

On the river I woke up with nutlow ,played this way I think it is good to bluff with this holding.

This is what Pio suggest :

For IP turn Barrel :

So Piosolver adivses to put pressure on the turn with hands like A2-A4s and some overcards to make our oponents underpairs indiferent between calling and folding.

Co`s defend strategy:

On the river ,Piosolver suggests to bluff with A2s-A4s non dimond,KQo and 64s (which is similar with my hand ,only that is rated a bit lower in equity on the turn.)

For Co defending Jx+,some 9x are enough for calling.

Besides this I have played good solid poker and I want to play more cashgames in the future.

Now I will start the Sunday grind and hope for better results.

Attachments:
    abdiaka
    Participant

is this your default 3-bet size ? from 2.5bb to 9bb
    i would 3bet to 7.5-8bb or is my size to small ?

mariusas91
    Participant

This is my standard.

As long I am in position , I think I gain more ev  by 3bet-ing bigger .This also allows me to bluff more.

bencb789
    Keymaster

That is actually not true, every single time you go bigger with 3betting and openraising, your range should be bigger.
    One reason to 3bet bigger is when you 3bet polarized (f.e BB vs BU).

I think it is not a horrible bluff. You dont block diamonds nor QT/KT with bd fd floates.

What I dont like is tho, that this bluff is too much dependent on how villain is capable to laydown a Jx hand.

mariusas91
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback !

I used pokersnowie when I have modeled my ranges .In this spot my range is not liniar. It is a mixture bettwen some good blockers(ex KQo,AJ,wheel suited aces ,some low suited connecters and value combos that have a easy time against a 4bet. Last time when I checked this sizing was recommanded for this strategy .

mariusas91
    Participant

I have two hands from the Thursday sesion where I have doubts about my play .

Nr.1.:

I have more of a cashgames background so I am not so experienced in this spots.My guess is that is standard to  jam  AQ+,TT+. And 99 is borderline,more player dependent.

I dont know if calling is a better option. I will have a calling range here (mainly suited brodways and some mid pairs).

Other fact is that the level will increse in the next 5 minutes.

Since my pc is broken, I dont have relevant stats other than UTG`s EP open range: 33 (9).

The hand was played in the Big 109 ,all the players seem regulars.

Nr2. Subqualifier of the 530 PSC Prague satellite

There are 5 places paid. HJ was opening very wide in the bigger stacks, the shortstacker also was very tight.

At this point I thought I will gain a lot by restealing here but the ICMIZER simulation surprised me .

HJ call range :AQ+,99.

I am confused by the fact that Holdem Resurces Calculator came up with a different result:

I decresed HJ range to 25% here.

This is SB Restealing range:

I have double checked  the payout structure to be the same.

Now I think that KQo will be a better calling hand but I am interested in the other`s opinions.

Attachments:
    abdiaka
    Participant

@99: HRC have the option ” allow flatting of opens”. So you can analyze the scenario even with flatting.
    Here are my results but of course it depends on ranges you give the villains

@ KQ: in my experience opponents in qualifiers “near to the bubble” open with around 20bb tighter than in normal MTT. I would only call KQ.

rye_mariano5

What does the 99 look like in HRC? I agree with your range analysis in that spot. obv depends on the opps.

abdiaka
    Participant

@ mariano: you can see the HRC results on the right side. 99 is a +2,2 EV jam. I dont know how much is the EV of flatcalling but i would prefer to jam.

mariusas91
    Participant

Thank you for advice abdiaka, I did a simulation myself with tighter ranges and this is the result :

I am surprised that in this spot ,a hand like KJs has better Ev in shoving then 99.

Attachments:
    mariusas91
    Participant

I secured my entry to Unibet Open Bucharest in the last Sunday session,finishing break even this way . I am pleased that I started to play again cashgames . Before this I studied some preflop spots because I felt a bit rusty in the no ante game.

My first sesision was good now I hope to keep the consistency.

I skipped the Thursday MTT session to attend to a party, I am trying to be involved in more social activities.

mariusas91
    Participant

I started to study the RYE Masterclass course and after first two videos I realised that in the past I let some Ev on the table or I took unconscious  some marginal spots . I like the approach and I recommand the course to anyone. Also the call for action  is so beneficial, I have now to study a lot .
    My Sunday session was unlucky ,not any important deep run. I succesfully qualified for the first time in  530 bounty but I was dissapointed about the run .

I have played just one cashgames session , with nothing special .

From my last session I have this marginal spot in the Bigger 55 against the SB who is a passive fish,my hand is near the top of my range and against a regular I think it is a clear call .

My assign range for SB :

The HRC result for CO:

Now after the analysis I saw that this spot is so marginal . And I should just fold almost all my range as a exploit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.