Home Forums Poker Blogs Sit and Go Blogs muydias 6-max hyper blog

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

short update. I am at around 1400 hypers this month, results/ev wise has been one of the worst months so far. But anything can happen over a couple thousand games.

The more serious problem is that I’ve been getting internet disconnects recently, which lead to disaster hands like this:

https://www.boomplayer.com/28997046_9D490815C5

In a format where we expect around 0 to 0.05 buyins profit per game, a hand like the above where we lose a stack worth 1.5 buyins with the absolute nuts cuts the winrate insanely. I do have a backup internet connection via my mobile phone, but the timebanks in hypers are so short that I never managed to get back in time before timing  out everywhere. So I’ve been contacting a new internet provider and am now trying to get a stable connection ASAP. Until then, I won’t be playing any hypers as it’s simply burning money and putting me on astro tilt everytime it happens.

I decided that I’ll be playing some cashgame (not sure which site/stakes/speed yet), where timebanks are bigger and the risk of a disconnect happening during an important hand is way lower.

rye_tomy
    Participant

A sick man!Really nasty- next time just go allin  Having good connection is really important i can advice you usb key from one of local telecommunication providers, if you have that option. Works perfect for me.

dydas9
    Participant

I’m a passive reader but it’s been too long, update please!

muydias
    Participant

2019 and rebooting…

Hey guys, it’s been a long time since my last update. I can’t actually pinpoint the reason why I stopped blogging, but it must be somewhat a combination of my laziness taking over and having to do other stuff. With 2019 starting, this seems like a good moment to revive this blog.

Looking back on the last months: 

Picking up at my last post: I ended up dabbling only a little bit in cash games and don’t really have anything worthwhile to report back. My internet issues are not completely fixed, but they are not making sessions unplayable anymore. I started playing STT/MTTs on a smaller site (still playing on Pokerstars as well of course) and I managed to boost my BR nicely over these 3 months. But to be honest: while results were good, I did really bad in terms of studying and improving my poker game. Basically I completely dropped planned, structured studying sessions and only did the occasional hand review for fun. Whenever I spent time on poker, I was only grinding, and as a result I caught myself playing in autopilot-mode more and more, and even noticed that my autopilot game became worse and worse. On top of that, I completely dropped meditation, I dropped getting up early, and my gym sessions became more infrequent.

Summing up: I let myself go, and got financially rewarded for that. It’s a weird feeling. Now it’s time to get back on track.

Looking back on 2018:

Recapping 2018. I learned a new game format, 6-max Hypers, which are now my bread and butter game and a foundation I can always fall back on. I learned how to study better. I learned which habits I need to put in place to succeed (but I didn’t have the discipline to push through with them until the end of the year). I managed to move up stakes from $7 to the $30 hypers very early in the year, but then couldn’t make the breakthrough to higher stakes.

All $7 Hypers 2018 (ev is about 5%):

All $15 Hypers 2018 (ev is about 3%):

All $30 Hypers 2018 (ev is about 2%):

Summing up my Pokerstars results, I made about $10k in EV in 10 months while playing around 2000 hypers/month. That’s okay, but I think I can do much better in 2019.

Goals for January 2019:

-> build a morning routine

-> get back into meditation (already got myself a nice 1-year Headspace subscription)

-> gym 2x a week

-> play 3000 regular/KO hypers

-> don’t f***ing skip the warmup study sessions

Have great year 2019 everyone!

rye_tomy
    Participant

Dont feel so bad about not studying hard every day. You have good fundamentals and you are already a good player so you can also just grind and not worry much for reviews. Maybe once at 14 days or at downswing you jump into the lab for hour or two. I know how you feel because i had same “problem” ?

Deff you can do better in 2019! Gl at the tables!

markus310
    Participant

Why do you have to make games tougher and start playing on party? :D

No just kidding, hopefully more players come to make more games running.

muydias
    Participant

Hey Markus! Yeah I was looking at the rake I paid on Stars over the last year, and suddenly realized that getting 30-40% RB on that would be huge :D So I wanted to see how often the games run, and how the structure feels. For example I noticed that the party hypers pay out 60/40 (compared to stars 65/35), so we have a little stronger ICM effects in the direction of the 6-max satellite structure (50/50).

It seems the games don’t run nearly as often as on Stars though. Do you have an estimation of how many hypers one would be able to play on Party per month?

Anyway I’m glad to hear that you are regaining your health, and that poker is going good as well :) Btw, what is your nickname on party (if you don’t mind to share)?

markus310
    Participant

No thats true that the games dont run as often as on stars, but you can get at least 25% RB and maybe 30% if you play all games from 11$ up to 55$ in the evening. it´s nearly impossible to get 55$ hypers or turbos running before 2pm but i made 300 points last week by playing 270 games with turbos and hypers at 20$ average only playing like 6 days for 4 hours each day.

Nah i dont want to share it in a forum for everyone, but you can understand my nickname as a german speaking :)

I can tell you over discord and maybe we share some hands from time to time and talk about the other regs if you like to.

muydias
    Participant

Thanks for the info! Yes, I have an idea who you might be :) I set up PartyCaption yesterday, and Partypoker is becoming more and more comfortable to play on. It would be great if we somehow manage to bring life to the $55+ games, because the rakeback makes it worth to grind them even vs other good regs. Feel free to message me on Discord if you wanna talk about any hand we played (I have no knonwledge about other regs yet though) !

—————

Here’s a little spot to study effects of the different payout structure Party vs Stars:

Party FGS3 (Payouts 60/40):                                                                      Stars FGS3 (Payouts 65/35):

Thoughts: As expected, we have to call a little tighter in the Party structure. The difference is gradual and not of qualitative nature, but it’s still there. It’s worth mentioning that without FGS, this is a -EV call on Party and +EV call on Stars. But with this stack distribution, becoming CL has a lot of future value, so I trust FGS3 to be the more correct estimation. This was a 4-handed spot, and I imagine the effects will be stronger the closer we get to the bubble. I will have to study more Party spots to get a good in-game feeling of the ICM. Until then, I’ll use my “Stars intuition” and then remove the bottom 1-2 hands form the range (and vice versa add 1-2 hands in pushing spots).

muydias
    Participant

January 2019 summary:

-> played 3318 games (mix of hypers on stars, hypers on party, KOs on stars)

-> meditated 30 days in a row

-> study game is back on track

-> went to gym 7 times in January, not quite 2x a week, so going for 9 times next month

Still have to work on:

-> morning routine. Still wake up at random times and way too late, turn my alarm off etc.

Monthly graph (mix of hypers on stars, hypers on party, KOs on stars):

Really happy with this one. It’s mainly due to running like crazy on Party. And look at the rakeback:

That’s $255 rakeback from ~1300 hypers + some MTTs on party alone. Compare that to basically $0 rakeback on Stars. Yup, pretty cool.

Lastly I want to look at my all time graph of Hyper KOs on stars. It’s not a big sample, but I feel my edge in those is not that big. Over the last month, the games really filled up with good regs. Now that I play on party, I can fill up empty slots easily with regular party hypers, and don’t need to add the KOs anymore. I do think they are profitable if you specialize on them. But playing a mix of both regular and KO hypers at the same time didn’t work well for me, because I had to constantly switch my mindset between KO and non-KO.

So I’ll  try to get my volume in only with regular hypers on party and stars, and only add the occasional KO if nothing else runs.

That’s it for now, see you guys in the next post :)

eduard leppur
    Participant

Hey man this looks really good, happy to see your progress….

92maniac
    Participant

Whas uuuuuuuuuup?

Nice blog, very friendly community here! If everything sticks to my plan i’ ll join you in the 15/30Hypers around may

Keep crushin Bro!

rye_tomy
    Participant

Nice graph! What is the avg buyin you are playing? Keep crushing and gl at the tables!

muydias
    Participant

Hey man this looks really good, happy to see your progress….

Hey man, appreciate the kind words!

Whas uuuuuuuuuup?

Nice blog, very friendly community here! If everything sticks to my plan i’ ll join you in the 15/30Hypers around may

Keep crushin Bro!

Haha good to see you mate! Been a long time since we last played! By May I hope to move up to 60s, but will still definitely be playing 30s and 15s.

Nice graph! What is the avg buyin you are playing? Keep crushing and gl at the tables!

Ty tomy, avg buyin last month was around $22.

rodpokpok
    Participant

Hi muydias! Just found your blog, congrats on your progress since the start! I play quite a bit on party also :). Would be nice to share some spots etc! For some reasons, i never could have the results of hypers on party well entered into pt4 and ev line dosnt adjust correctly, did u have the same issues or you did something special to correct it? Thanks man, glgl at the tables

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.