Home Forums Poker Blogs Cash Game Blogs Micro to Highstakes PLO player.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well, Let’s start adventure. My name is Jair , I’m a dutch guy from the Netherlands. I have build up a community with friends that helped me through the process of becoming a better human being and a poker player. And i want to thank everyone for helping me. A quick shout out to the Dutchie Discord. We have something good going here. People that are dutch should start joining our Discord Channel!

Well Let’s begin. Let me start of I been reading a lot books a bout the greatest thinkers of the human era. Freud Quoted” One day, in restrospect , the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. And that has some truth in it. One of the things we seek is meaning. Meaning is a particularly important aspect in our construction of identity. I am what I achieve, how I perceive, what attributions I make. Freud knew this that when we start out. we have a limited meaning in our lives. But when we explore, taking risk our meaning changed of the materials we are making.

So when i started proceeding a career in poker i was seeking something that was meaningful in my life. And the people that are reading my blog I generialy believe have the same experince or at least the same passion. Yung already knew who he was, from a young age he; Qouted” You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do”. So let think a bout that. Just let it sink in.  first we seperate those two lines. “ you are what you do”. Yung ment; Doing what you say you’re going to do is an element of all succesful people. – If you already know who you are, you don’t have to justify your own behaviour by deluding yourself into thinking you have your priorities straight. But failing to do what you say you’ll do. Erodes credibility. If you don’t do what you say you’re going to do , your credibility decreases.

I had to think a bout that for a while when i was reading Yung Books. Why do we have to justify our own behaviour to other people what we are going to achieve? Yung said ” You are a singer then you must sing. If you are a writer, then you must write. Do what you are purposed to do and God will send the student, the audience, the outlet. But when you stop the pursuit, failure is inevitable.” And i don’t mind putting my own line. If you are a poker player, play poker. Do what you are supposed to do! Stop compairing yourself to other people and dwell why other’s are more successful than you. Try to change the thought and look up to that person and try to become better player as him. Because you already know who you are.

It ins’t all that black and white. People have other priotery’s in life. We have a lot of things to do so creating a long term goal ins’t that difficuelt to do. It’s easy. Looking forward to something that in’st there. But why not just change that thought? Instead of thinking what you want to achieve in the near focus. Let’s just focus on the Macro. Try to make the most out of your day. Try to do as much as you can do, so you when you are busy and doing something you like or don’t like. You don’t have to think a bout the future. Because you already are working towards it.  First i really din’t understand it. Like people told me you should have dreams and abitions and creating goals. It sounds great to say those things for yourself. It makes you feel better, but the more i’ve been reading a bout the psychology of the human mind i came across many intressting story’s. But that’s for an other time.

But you have to start somewhere. It’s not like you are going to do as much as possible as you can in one day. That’s why order is so important. But the things that set us back is chaos. ( also a intressting book to read is ” Order and Chaos from Dr Jordan Peterson).

Well Someone that I look up to is Dr. Jordan Peterson and i recormend his book that I’ve been reading passionately ” 12 rules of life”. The first chapter of his book start of ” Stand up straight with your shoulders back”. I can tell you a little bit a bout what’s the chapter is all about, but i do not what to spoile anything , if you decided to read the book, but i really thought a bout this chapter what Dr. Peterson ment.

– To stand up straight with your shoulders back is to accept the terrible responsibility of life, with eyes wide open. It means deciding to voluntarily transform the chaos of potential into the realities of habitable order. It means adopting the burden of self-conscious vulnerability, and accepting the end of the unconscious paradise of childhood, where finitude and mortality are only dimly comprehended. It means willingly undertaking the sacrifices necessary to generate a productive and meaningful reality.

And having a productive and meaingfull reality is very important.

I know sometimes it’s hard to look yourself as a poker player. You start losing money and in the beginning it don’st effect you, but how longer it goes on and you’re in a downsing you start dealing with your own reality. Yes i understand it is difficuelt to look at yourself. Questing every decision. After a while you start to build up your own bubble.  You hate looking at yourself. So you start creating a new form of reality. Convicing  other people and fooling yourself that you’re still a “winning player” in the game.

Don’t be embarrassed! Don’t look down on yourself, there is nothing to be ashamed off. Instead it’s the oposite! Knowning that you have to drop in stakes, because you aren’t good enough is already the first step of becoming succesful in life. You have a clear reality who you are and what you going to do to change it.

Freud Quoted’ From error to error, one discovers the entire truth”. Stop Being delussional! , start working on yourself.

I’m not going to tell alot of in depth  about my poker back ground, because i do not feel that’s important. But for the people that are wondering i been a proffitable player the past couple of years that i start taking the game seriously. I do not play on stars for a couple of reasons. The rake environment is to high and there is no rake back.

When i have the BR to play $100 or $200 Reg/Zoom pool i wil make a decision to play on pokerstars again. The sites i’m playing is GGpoker and RIO. Currently i don’t have a big sample on the site, because i was just playing recently.

This is my $25 Graph. Doing very great on the tables. Feel like have a big edge and i’m definitely crushing the tables.

The $50 I need to work a lot on my game. Feel like i’m getting it bad everytime. But it could be , because my sample is very low.Still runnend very lucky the past week. Can’t denie that. But i will run some sims and start looking at my GTO pre-flop game. Maybe i’m playing to tight.

My overall Total Graph. Think it’s looks very good. Running a lot above EV , So that’s always nice!

I will be posting more in the future.

Thank you for reading my blog, Jair,

rye_mariano5

Hey Jair, welcome to the RYE community! Glad you’ve found us and nice first post!

At the moment we don’t have a PLO section in the discord app and but could possibly add one in the future.

Are you playing PLO or NLH? I’m confused tbh.

Anyways good luck with everything and keep us updated!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.