Home Forums Poker Blogs Sit and Go Blogs Highway To Heaven

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I play this ranges not 100% 7 days a week. I think it’s also important who is in SB & BB

swenxxxcena
    Participant

I have a question: How don’t forget you all the ranges? For example I have about 20 different push and calling ranges just for the bubble

swenxxxcena
    Participant

I reviewed a lot of bubble spots and tried to figure out similarities.
    I created some charts but not with concrete spots, only ranges…like 50% 55% 60% 65%…to know how concrete ranges look like and than I tried to get the right feel when to use them.

Last year I bumped into tool, which helped me sooo much with bubble and also ICM heavy spots.
    http://www.icmexplorer.com

swenxxxcena
    Participant

@Chis:
    yes from bernardc

Those ranges look very bad to me to be honest (as ben and jan already mentioned)

swenxxxcena
    Participant

@Jan: I use icmizer2 and I really like it. I try to create a lot of ranges to find the feeling about it.

@Chris: I don’t wanna say very bad!

rye_chris
    Participant

gl mate! will follow

rye_chris
    Participant

I play this ranges not 100% 7 days a week. I think it’s also important who is in SB & BB

True ! This is the most important point. Always adapt your ranges based on your opponents sitting behind.

How don’t forget you all the ranges?

I think just reviewing hands in icmizer/hrc every single day is the way to go.
    You will become a feeling for the ranges pretty quick. I dont think learning is a good idea. Better invest time in reviewing on real hands.
    I mean its ok to have some basic charts. But really try to get a feeling.
    Sometimes you will do little mistakes. That happens. Dont get overwhelmed by all those ranges.

swenxxxcena
    Participant

good to know…! The truth is you don’t know what your opponents behind you do at the 1,50$!!! ;)

John J Rambo
    Participant

Thats why playing very solid and straight forward is the way to go.
    Pick your spots wisely against tightish regs and play very loose against them.

swenxxxcena
    Participant

Yesterday I made a little brake. I think that is important too to clean your mind and relax a bit.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

Today I am not happy with my game. I made a lot of stupid plays. Btw I played 3 tables but that is not the key for my plays. Tomorrow I will review the session and after the review I’ll post a buch of hands.

Maybe you can help me to find better lines.

swenxxxcena
    Participant

Currently I´m reviewing my session. Here a cup of hands…:

Hand 1:

Both players are unknown (just 59 hands). As played I think it’s okay!

Hand 2:

Same situation her just a little bit deeper.
    1. Is this a good spot to push (pre or flop)
    2. Do you see any Ax combos in SB range?

Maybe a stupid question:

Why is the $EV at this hand so bad. I think it’s a no brainer and +EV?

BTW: there are a lot of hands in hm2 with so bad EV. Is this correct?

wizowo
    Participant

I wouldnt push pre but also wouldnt fold flop…I think BB would push a lot of Ax pre, also fishes are so random. Would fold on 2nd barrel. I think pushing flop has no sense.

Because HEM2 doesnt show you equity of your push, its showing you the equity of hand where you got called by better, thats why you have -EV, although its a super +EV shove.

swenxxxcena
    Participant

If I call on the flop I´ll have 560 left and we have a big pot (1200). If he shoves on the turn I will get round about 3:1 so I need Equity 25%+ You said he has no Ax combos in his range so I have to call on the turn too! Why do you fold the turn?

wizowo
    Participant

I said he would most likely push a lot of Ax pre, but you never know.

I would believe him more that he has some Ax.
    He might also bluff, from time to time you see some crazy plays from fishes…but very rarely in this spot.
    He might even barrel his weaker Kx because he thinks you dont have Ax…but I wouldnt complicate it that much.
    Actually you played with the guy the whole tourney so you should know at least a bit, if he is capable of doing some nonsense bluff here or barrel weaker Kx.

Because If I thought he is crazy I wouldnt fold, esp. when BU is AI already.

About 25% not entirely true, because there should be still some bubble factor, although BU is AI already.

wizowo
    Participant

very nice blog!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 402 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.