Home Forums Poker Strategy Cash Game Strategy Hero BU vs BB, cb flop IP board drawy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m playing a loose online cash game with weak players, so I made some modifications on my open range from BU.

This is my “raise first” range:

open range

The flop is: Ks-Js-5c

My cb value range is:

cb value

and cb bluff is:

cb bluff

My question is:

Should KTs, KTo, QJs and QJo be in cb value range?

Playing against weak players I know that these hands have value, but the T and the Q are blocks for the villain’s call range, blocks for hands like QT, Q9, T9… hands that the villain certainly would make a call vs cb flop.

rye_mariano5

Yes any king can be a “value bet” in this formation if you’re looking to split your range into 2 categories. You can potentially get 3 streets of value in this formation.

However I would also suggest looking into boards where you can just bet your entire range for 1/3 pot. This is a formation and board where you can do so and you will lose very very insignificant EV compared to an optimal mixed bet/check strategy. Especially vs loose players who are weak, they won’t x/raise enough and will also likely not call enough vs the small sizing, making a range bet here even better.

You don’t need to start doing this right away, but I would suggest trying to find some material on it, because if you can get an idea of good boards to do it on it will simplify things a lot.

good luck!

gmesquita93
    Participant

Another question:

What kind of hands would be better for BU’s 3b bluff range?

I thinked in A2o-A5o with As. 11 bluff to 9 value.

But I don’t know if would be better make a 3b bluff with the blocker for Axss or not.

rye_mariano5

You mean 3bet bluff on the flop vs a x/raise?

gmesquita93
    Participant

yes! exactly. sorry for my english

rye_mariano5

Tbh I wouldn’t worry too much about having too many 3bet bluffs. If you want to include some I would look at some 5x as it blocks his 555 and some 2 pairs.

I wouldn’t bluff with a hand like As2. It’s not the worst but you have better combos to use which block more of his value range. And then you can also use some big combo draws if you want. They obv have great equity. You can call with them as a standard too though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.