Home Forums Poker Blogs Sit and Go Blogs Getting out of 6-max Hyper Microstakes

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think we all have same problems climbing in stakes. Just believe in yourself and play your a-game. (dont play a hand more passively because its 30buyin). I think you know what im talking about ?

Gl with that and with exams!

tommie_to
    Participant

Hey there! The exams are done, so now I have time for the next few weeks to put some time into poker. Next 4 week’s goal is to grind out 3k games 6 tabling, playing 4 tables of 15$ hypers and 2 tables of 30$ hypers.

I think we all have same problems climbing in stakes. Just believe in yourself and play your a-game. (dont play a hand more passively because its 30buyin). I think you know what im talking about ?

Gl with that and with exams!

Playing too passively actually isn’t the issue. I don’t feel like the money at stake is influencing the decisions I make at the table at all, but it makes me feel less comfortable and it might make me cut off sessions sometimes. Gonna work on this now and really settle at the 30s now I hope.

See you guys around!

rye_tomy
    Participant

Fingers crossed for 30’s !! glgl

tommie_to
    Participant

Hey there!

Time for a quick update: Right now I am 14 days into the challenge of playing 100 games a day for 30 days. I noticed that because of playing regularly, I start feeling sharper at the tables, which gives me the confidence to grind more and keep grinding without reviewing every potential mistake and cutting off sessions to do so. The 30s player pool seems really tough sometimes and when it is looking soft, games rarely run. Despite that, I have still been able to get in a decent amount of 30s (about 33% of my overall volume) which is decent so far.

I am normally not planning on sharing graphs (especially not low sample ones), but I made an exception for this one

Looking forward to getting more hands on the regs in the 30s and studying their games!

See you around!

Tom “tommie_to”

pendul7
    Participant

Sick graph with a massive ROI!

Is it possible to sustain such numbers over the long run? I always thought that 4%+ is already really big in Hyper 6max.

Cheers and good luck!

piet piraat
    Participant

Lekker bezig! Well played!

tommie_to
    Participant

Sick graph with a massive ROI!

Is it possible to sustain such numbers over the long run? I always thought that 4%+ is already really big in Hyper 6max.

Cheers and good luck!

Thanks! This ROI definitely isn’t attainable long term and 1.5k games is a really low sample. Yeah, 4%+ is really big in hypers. This is just mainly a good stretch in cards, there is a lot of variance in card distribution already (this is mainly good card distribution around the bubble and HU I’d say).

Lekker bezig! Well played!

Dankje!

dydas9
    Participant

Nice bonus for the hard work. By the way, 4%+ is definitely possible if you time or table select really hard, but you’ll end up with very little volume nowadays. It’s just that max ROI doesn’t equal max hourly.

muydias
    Participant

Smoooooth graph tommy, GL in April!

pigasso
    Participant

Hey,

It’s impressive how you managed to climb from 1.5 to 30$ in such a short period of time.

Gl at the higher stakes!

rye_tomy
    Participant

3.5k on 15-30$ buyins? Not bad at all congratz!

You can see that hard work always pays off glgl

tommie_to
    Participant

Nice bonus for the hard work. By the way, 4%+ is definitely possible if you time or table select really hard, but you’ll end up with very little volume nowadays. It’s just that max ROI doesn’t equal max hourly.

Thanks Dydas!
    I think in KOs it might be attainable, but in regular 25BB hypers playing 30$s or higher I think it is pretty hard long term (I don’t recall anyone on Stars having more than +3ish % in 30s+ regular hypersthat is open on sharkscope over a good sample over the past few years). In case of willing to have that ROI you could only play like 10 games an hour 2-tabling while table selecting heaps to get that ROI at Stars I think.

Thanks Benny, Pigasso and Tomy!

tommie_to
    Participant

Hey there! Time for another update.

I finished my volume goal this week! The past two weeks were a bit tougher than the first two since I had the biggest downswing I have had so far $$-wise. I really felt in the zone though mainly due to playing consistently so I managed to play through it quite easily, relatively speaking, which shows that I have been improving heaps mental game wise. Of course, it is easier to grind through it after having a big upswing, but I am still happy about the progress I have made. I am also quite happy with the quality of the sessions I had: I mainly played ‘just’ six tables, but because of this, I was able to play my absolute A-game a big percentage of the time.

This is my full month’s graphs:

I have finally settled at the 30s as well. I have 2.5k games lifetime now and I am up about 70 BI in EV and $$ wise, so that’s a good start. Right now I am quite confident in my ability in those games, but I am aware of the fact that the EV from last month is not attainable long term, that there is a lot of variance in the card distribution and EV as well and that it might get worse/harder in the (nearby future). When I hit 200 BIs in EV and 200 BIs profit $$ wise in 30s, I will start taking shots at the 60s when games are soft.

Although I had a super good month, I can definitely do better. There are a few things I want to improve on the next period of time I will be playing this consistently:

• I want to be able to increase volume. I feel like my skill edge heavily drops when I play more than 6 tables. This might be variance or I might just have to get used to playing more again, but it is definitely something I want to improve on. In the next period of time, I might try 6 tabling for a bit more but go to 7 tables for the second half of those 4 weeks.
    • In the end, I was slacking a bit regarding my study sessions: I still did the warming up routine for the sessions to feel extra sharp when playing, but I didn’t do as many PIO calcs and overall reviewing as I did in the first 2 weeks. In the future, I want to schedule these type of sessions, so I am actually forced to always do them. This should bring even more consistency to my schedule.
    • I want to focus on playing at peak times mainly since 30s barely run when it isn’t peak time. I played a few sessions off-peak time and this meant that I sometimes even had to mix in 7s which is in some way -EV for me. So in the future, I will be focusing on mainly if not only playing at peak time.

For the next 1-1.5 week I won’t be playing much if any poker due to exams, social activities and a small trip with my parents and brothers for Easter, but after that, I will set a new volume goal for about 4 weeks and grind it out again. I have been thinking about giving party poker another shot again and I have been thinking about learning KOs as well or even deeperstacked poker for turbos (the last thing I have been trying before), but on the other hand, it seems like I hit my sweet spot right now, so I might stick to what I am grinding right now for the next period of time. I’ll see.

Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you around!

With kind regards,

Tom “tommie_to”

tommie_to
    Participant

Hi!

Over the past few days, I have been playing some hyper and MTT session, but now it’s time for more structure and another volume goal!

In the next 4ish weeks, I will only have time to play for about 20 days I think, so I will base my volume goal on that. Also, I am gonna give turbos a shot again since first of all, I have been starting to enjoy deep stacked poker more and more, and second of all, I am not stunned about the possible swings at the 30$ hypers and above with the thin edges attainable, so I want a game on the side to make up for this. Third of all, I have invested in the TMC a long time ago, but I haven’t gone through much more than the preflop section and a tiny bit of the postflop section, and I haven’t even made structured notes.

I have tried something like this before, but I always felt like I got destroyed by the turbo regulars in those games postflop, and I never felt sharp mixing hypers and turbos. However, I feel like I have improved a lot postflop and I want to get experience in those games anyway (because of a potential move to MTTs in the future!).

So over the next 4ish weeks I will try to get in a minimum 2k games total (a mixture of hypers and turbos, 15s and 30s) while 8 tabling and evaluate after that.

On a side note, although I feel like my mental game has improved a lot over the past year (I grinded through my biggest downswing without too many issues last month), I noticed that when I start playing less, I started attaching too much value to short term results again instead of just grinding through it. I think this has to do with the lack of consistency, so that’s one of the main reasons I start with a volume goal again!

tommie_to
    Participant

Goals next 4 weeks:
    -Volume goal of 2k games (100 games a day)
    -Playing consistently during the same time of the day (starting around 20:00 CET and playing till 00:00 CET)
    -Review push fold spots tagged in the last session before the next session (it makes me feel sharper!)
    -Review 3 tagged postflop hands per day of playing, either by putting the hand in PIO, or by discussing it with other players.
    -Go through a video from the TMC each weak, so these 4 weeks I should go “Explaining the ranges PT.2”, “Perfect openraise” Theory and Practical Hands and “Flatcalling  & 3betting”, all while making notes (probably watching 30 minutes of video a day, just before going to sleep”).
    -Not looking at results for the next 4 weeks! This one I have been failing over and over again, but I really want to get to the point where I only look once a month. It’s just a waste of energy to focus on this, and I already have so many goals to focus on!
    -No trips to other formats like MTTs. Just pure focus on Turbo 6max and Hyper 6 max games.

These should be enough goals!

See you around!

Tom “tommie_to”

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.