Home Forums Poker Blogs Sit and Go Blogs Getting out of 6-max Hyper Microstakes

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Participant

subbed <3

"When you're winning assume it's variance, when you're losing assume it's you"

fermac
    Participant

Pretty good results, tom.

Could you give me some advice on how to start crushing those micro stakes, what material should i start studying and where?

Gl and congratulations!

rye_tomy
    Participant

@fermac I can also answer your question. Join Discord group where a lot of poker discussions and hh reviews is going on. If you are serious i would spend some money and buy Bens hyper turbo sng course, you will get all information you need to crush sngs. Also for sng you need icimizer or hrc. I think i covered important stuff. Gl on your project!

tommie_to
    Participant

Hey there! Time for a quick update. Over the past 1.5 months I have not been able to get in a lot of steady volume. Despite that, I mixed in some turbo games and tried mainly grinding 50NL and 100NL fast forward on party poker (mixing in 25NL when games were not running as much) cash games in order to improve my deepstacked game and I did a lot of postflop studying. I still have heaps of leaks postflop, but I have been improving a lot of them it feels like. Although the cash game grind has been useful for learning and although I had okayish results, I don’t really enjoy grinding cash games as much as hyper turbos, so I will move back to hypers next year.

For the next 2 weeks I will be on holiday with my family to Spain, so I won’t be doing any grinding then. However, I am planning to do some posflop work for hypers using PIO in the holiday to get better postflop fundamentals and doing some SNG quizzes adapting ranges in order to feel sharp, strong and ready to start grinding hypers again next year with volume goals on the side (probably 15$s again to start with).

Good luck at the tables, have a good holiday and I’ll see you around!

Tom “tommie_to”

uac8851
    Participant

Hey man, great blog! I too have tried playing cash numerous times throughout the years but I’ve never really enjoyed playing and could rarely do more than 2 hours whereas I much prefer sng and Mtt and can play much longer sessions.

I think given your history and results you will be much better served with hypers, you have done great in a relatively short amount of time so makes sense to play them as much as possible imo

rye_tomy
    Participant

Deff good decision to play some cash games to improve your postflop game. Have fun on holidays and recharge your batteries to attack hypers next year! GL

tommie_to
    Participant

Hey there! I am back from holiday and ready to crush!

A quick update:
    I did a lot of PIO calcs (including node-locking) during the holiday, feeling better than ever before regarding my postflop game. I won’t have much time for the end of the month because of exams, but for this month I will try to get in 2k games hypers at least till the end of the month while 6 tabling and take it from there.

See you around!

Tom “tommie_to”

tommie_to
    Participant

Hey there! Time for an update: Got in 2.5k games last month (including some 6 max turbos), I am super happy about that. EV was not that awesome, results were okay. Tried increasing the number of tables I play to 8, but I am gonna go back to 6 again since I want to focus on improving now. Still, I haven’t managed to fully move up to the 30s yet, gonna focus on that for the next month, combined with some more PIO calculations including node-locking.

Also planning on doing some extensive research on regs I have more than 5k hands on to check out their way of playing post-flop, to see their exact pushing ranges and calling ranges at important spots, opening ranges and so on based on a combination of automatic nodes, HUD stats and hand history reviews. This way I hope to see some relations between certain plays and higher ROIs or something of that kind and maybe spot some potential leaks.

To finish: I have started giving coaching to some STT players and I have really been enjoying it a lot. However, one guy I had a Coaching For Profits deal with broke contact after starting out well result-wise, which is a shame. I did not think someone would screw me over for such a relatively low amount of money, but so be it. Gonna work with a safety deposit or so in the future. Good lesson learnt quite cheaply. Please don’t be so naive as I am.

For next month I won’t set a volume goal, but I want to be grinding 2 hours for every hour I put in studying (and I want to study a lot ).

See you guys around!

markus310
    Participant

Didn’t heard it the first time with scamming in profitdeals, or staking :(

But good it was now for a smaller amount as you said, than get scammed for a big amount.

Do you have Pio Edge oder Pio Pro?

tommie_to
    Participant

Didn’t heard it the first time with scamming in profitdeals, or staking ?

But good it was now for a smaller amount as you said, than get scammed for a big amount.

Do you have Pio Edge oder Pio Pro?

I have the PIO Pro version for now, so I can run scripts. I want to invest in the future in some kind of preflop solving tool as well though, but I heard that PIO Edge needs a lot of computation power, so there might be other alternatives (I heard some good stuff about monkerware, I’ll look into that in the future). Or I would need to rent a server or so, I don’t know haha. I’ll look into that for the future. For now, I still need to run different ranges on a subset of textures and do a lot of node locking to get more fundamentals postflop. Right now I have only been doing it for a tiny bit, and I will do it way more starting next week (I have exams this week).

How about you Markus? Do you use any postflop solving tools?

markus310
    Participant

Ok, sounds reasonable.

I don´t have any postflop tools yet, but i will buy PIO after my holiday, i think i also buy the pro version and share it with a good friend of mine.

I watched some analysis or tutorials about the PIO and my brain hurts :D

But i think watching a tutorial and learn by doing will help quickly.

Years ago i also thought HRC would be a hard to work with too but now it´s like opening the browser :D

muydias
    Participant

Ok, sounds reasonable.

I don´t have any postflop tools yet, but i will buy PIO after my holiday, i think i also buy the pro version and share it with a good friend of mine.

I watched some analysis or tutorials about the PIO and my brain hurts ?

But i think watching a tutorial and learn by doing will help quickly.

Years ago i also thought HRC would be a hard to work with too but now it´s like opening the browser ?

You can look up “GTO+”, it’s an alternative to PIO and considerably cheaper at $75. I don’t have either tool, but from what I’ve seen it is just as powerful as PIO and has even some more features that PIO doesn’t have. The makers of GTO+ are the guys who made CREV, which was basically the most powerful postflop tool before solvers arrived, so they are definately established developers in the poker software community.

rye_tomy
    Participant

Nice that you are digging deep at poker theory and gto solutions. Nice work!

chief0r
    Participant

very nice blog mate :)

tommie_to
    Participant

Hey there! Time for an update. I have been all over the place lately, playing MTTs, STTs (hypers, turbo, reg speed) and cash games as well. My goal recently has been to focus a lot on improving my post-flop game. I have been making progress, but I noticed that the spots where I have most leaks, I can’t really run sims since I only have 8 GB of RAM on my laptop. I might rent a dedicated server in the nearby future with some others, but right now I have to stick with what I can do now. I could invest in a pc, but I rather wait for my bankroll to grow so I can invest in a monster of a desktop.

Over the past 1.5 months, I have been growing my bankroll though. Had a 1kish$ score and 3 500ish$ scores in MTTs (ABI 11), made a tiny bit in STTs, lost a tiny bit in cash games. Giving coaching also gave a decent boost to the bankroll.

I am struggling a bit with that I am playing too conservatively. I know that it is important to play conservatively and feel comfortable at the tables, but I noticed that I start feeling uncomfortable mixing in 30$s even though I am probably rolled or even over-rolled for them. I think this is because of a combination of not being 100% sure if I am playing good enough (mainly vs regs at these games) and being too attached to the money regarding the progress of my bankroll, even though I could, in theory, lose 200 BI in these games and be totally fine.  How I am gonna tackle this is to set a volume goal and play 4 tables of 15s and 2 tables of 30s simultaneously after the exams I am gonna have next week, “forcing my way through” the results and studying+grinding as hard as I can, probably setting a volume goal like 3k games or 4k games that month (I will update the goal after my exams). Will do some reg analyses then as well, looking forward to getting more hands on 30$ regs.

So after my exams I will post an update with a volume goal and take it from there.

Glgl at the tables!

Tom “tommie_to”

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.