Home Forums Poker Blogs Sit and Go Blogs en route to a better life – mtt sngs to mtts full time

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I actually had it from a micro-stakes poker team I was in couple months ago. But also doing some research u can find out that the numbers doesn’t change that much in most of scenarios, considering ABI $11 and lower. So I think those are solid numbers u can be based on to make ur DB analysis.

wanderer_pro
    Participant

2018 summary

2018 was a decent year. I was very low mentally in the beginning as I had to move out from Malta, because the place was too expensive for me. Decided to rent a cheaper place here and it was worth it. I am really happy that I started blogging, created my own website at http://www.wanderer-pro.com and developed nice community for MTSNGs in my discord channel. Results could be way better but I can’t complain overall. I have big plans for 2019. Will post my goals for this year in the next post.

Regreds for 2018. Volume is the 1st thing that comes to mind. I should be playing more. I also regred not working out this year. I was slacking a lot. 2019 will be much much better, I have many goals and feel that this will be a turn around year!

"When you're winning assume it's variance, when you're losing assume it's you"

rye_tomy
    Participant

Decent year. Fingers crossed for this year! glgl

wanderer_pro
    Participant

OK, time for update. I was extremely focus on grinding and working on my game from the beginning of 2019. Decided to slowly mix some MTTS into my standard MTSNGs grind schedule and it worked out pretty well so far. Games are super soft and I think that overall they are much more +EV then SNGs, as the playerpool is way worse. MTSNGs are filled with regs on the late stages, and even breakeven regs or low-roi-mass-multitabling types are killing EV, as they know push/fold game pretty well. The reason why I started adding more MTTs is also that SNG grind has been a little painful lately. Seems like I cannot win coinflips either on semi final tables or final table, but I know that this is just variance and it will all turn around. When it does, I will come back to the SNG leaderboards again :) I also grinded a little bit of cashgames on the side, or when I have hour of two of spare time. I really think that playing cashgames can help me develop as a player and have better understanding of the game. I started with NL16 and recently moved to NL25, as I developed more feeling to the games, build some basic strategy and made adjustments. I do know that I still have no idea what I am doing, as I have never played cash seriously before. And I don’t plan on doing so fulltime in the future. Cash is boring.

Moreover, I have been accepted as a coach for micro and low limits MTT and SNGs by Standard Backing stable. I have 3 students that I am currently working with. I really enjoy coaching and will continue to do so both in a stable as well as on my own. I have given couple sessions privately through my website, and some of the students said that they noticed results almost imiediately after our sessions. This makes me happy, it really does.

My game overall hasn’t been better. I feel very confident and, the winrate is great. This year so far, we are making EV of 12bb/100 in SNGs and MTTs. Reviewing on my own and with students helped my game tremendously. I also plan on writing down preflop and postflop solutions for MTSNGs in the future, as I have developed really good population reads and I feel like I know tendencies and gameplan of most players. It is gained by playing a lot with the playerpool, over 100k games so far! Sick. Furthermore, working with GTO+ solver helps. Talking hands over discord channel helps. Talking strategy with friends helps. Investing in sharskope gold subscription and getting sharkscope desktop HUD helps. Turning off all the distractions while grinding or working helps. Quiting facebook and instagram helps. Living poker 24/7 also doesn’t hurt. Not drinking alkohol, not going out too often and taking care of diet and physical activity would definiately help. This is something I will be working on in the near future.

This is a war, and we better be prepared.
    Some stats below. Have a nice day folks!

rye_tomy
    Participant

Great worketic! Nice that you enjoy coaching will improve your game for sure. Gl in the future and keep us updated ?

dydas9
    Participant

Hey, neighbor from Lithuania here. I just read the opening post, interesting story so far, something to learn from it myself. I can relate to gov being ridiculous about poker regulation, same idiotic situation here. It’s pretty hard to fully focus on the grind when the future is so uncertain. Best of luck to you too, mate!

turbulence
    Participant

Hi, great blog. And a player name I recognise! I’ve played MTSNGs on and off over the years but never massive volume as I always find myself drifting back to MTTs. But whenever I do play sngs I always seem to come across you, now I know why :-)

I’m UK based and English, my partner is Polish and from about an 1hr away from Lublin.

Just recently I’ve started playing some MTSNGs again, mainly using them as session fillers for my MTT grind if there is nothing in my buy-in range that I fancy. Mostly been the $3.5R 180s. I’m seriously considering adding more of these in to my sessions so am looking to improve.

My screen name on Stars is Prophead340  – you will find a ‘checkered’ past and massive swings, but you’ll have to use the filters and look past the headlines as the swings were due to me playing zero BR management due to having a well paid job and playing as a hobby (taken seriously, never a ‘fun’ player). That’s all different now, and have been grinding full time since December, with a much better BR management and at much lower stakes. Official Poker Rankings will show that, and show I have been significantly more consistent.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated and possibly join your study group.

All the best

wanderer_pro
    Participant

@dydas9 Thanks bro. Yeah, it is crazy how governments operate sometimes. But still, better to be in a grey area then banned for good.

@turbulence GL mate! If you treat this seriously now, and want to improve and put some work off the tables together, you are welcome to join the group. Just make sure you stay active in there. Recently we added a google doc with the review schedule, so you can have a look and see if it fits your schedule. Additionally, you can edit and post your own availability, maybe someone wants to join too. Here’s the link https://discord.gg/xtshpUG

wanderer_pro
    Participant

FEBRUARY 2019

It’s been a swingy month, in both MTTs and MTSNGs, but I feel like my overall game is constantly improving. I have been working on my BB game recently, and I found out that I was underdefending by a lot. This week my plan is to continue creating defending ranges vs variety of sizings and positions. When I have all ranges done, I will start creating reshoving ranges. It’s been going really well working with a group of guys from my discord to have better understanding of BB defending and overall gameplan.

I have been coaching weekly and got 2 new players to coach from Standard Backing. We have only done few sessions together, but I feel like my coaching skills are also improving. It’s getting easier for me to explain my thought process etc. It might be also because of the fact that 2 new players are on a decent level, understand strategy better then average and are willing to work hard.

I have also been a little better with scheduling and using my time efficiently. This is very important when I have to combine coaching, playing and reviewing my own game. The latter was lacking a bit, but I felt like coaching is improving my performance as well. So it’s all good.

Fitness wise, well. It’s my life leak. It’s getting warmer right now, so I will put my running shoes to use soon, I’d imagine. Gotta join the gym as well soon to get that blood flowing.

Results from February and EV from 2019 compared with February. BB and SB still need a lot of work, but we’re getting there :)

2019 February 2019

turbulence
    Participant

Hi again,

So, I’ve had a change of plan. After saving up my Stars ‘rewards’ for two weeks, having played ~300mtts and a few sngs in the buy-in range of $5-$55 I had 23 boxes ~ after opening all of them my total reward was ~ $9.30! plus a few freeroll tickets. In the same time period I played ~ 75mtts on Party in the same buy-in range and earned ~ $20 in cashback ~ Long story short I am switching my full-time grind to Party, especially as the Monster series starts on Sunday. This last round of reward cuts, and rake increases has really hammered the low stakes MTT grind, so for now I’m done with Stars, no doubt i’ll play some select mtts on there but my main grind will now be on Party.

Keep up the awesome work!

wanderer_pro
    Participant

Hello again guys. It’s been a while since my last post, but I was pretty busy lately and had no motivation to post anything. I have an idea of posting few hands/week and giving my thoughts about general strategy and to look at hands from both theory and exploitative approach. I have been working a lot recently with GTO+ and run a bunch of database simulations over different stacksizes vs BB. Additionally, I have been working with nodelocking feature within the software, as on under $30 MTTSNGs population deviates A LOT from what optimal frequencies and strategies are.

Since my last post I haven’t been grinding as much as during previous months, but I have put a lot of work with GTO+, focused on preflop strategies and ranges. I hope that it will pay off soon.

My main game was MTTSNGs as usual, but I mixed in some MTTs as well. I also started to play on multiple sites, adding pokerstars.es and partypoker to my daily grind schedule.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi wanderer_pro, we play the same games.

i too did some GTO work recently. turns out it’s not worth it for the micros, too much time needs to be spent node locking for exploits etc., the winrate in micros can only be so much anyway. it also turned out i often start making plays i do not understand just because i think they’r cool. it’s fine though, because experimenting and making mistakes leads to progress.

i believe time can be better spent simply putting in volume and spending time on GTO once bankroll grows. after all, spending countless hours finding exploits for $4.5 sit and go does not seem to be a very good long run decision for someone that wants to play higher, in enviroment where those exploits can not be used anymore. for sit and gos i believe the magic formula is plenty of HRC study (it is not as time consuming as GTO), and volume, volume, volume.

what do you think are the most common deviations from GTO in micro stakes SNGs population? I think they don’t X/R enough from the BB which allows to CB at a higher frequency.

akseleratoren
    Participant

Hey Grzegorz, I’ve played quite a bit against you and I think I could contribute in the discord group.
    Hope you can send an invitation in pm or response (the current link timed out)

Good luck further on your journey, hope to hear from you : )

Anonymous
    Inactive

i didn’t say pointless, i just think time is a limited resource and can be spent better. maybe not.

Anonymous
    Inactive

https://gyazo.com/0d46171f7dd74441043cd8bced91b0bc

my graph for the year. .es and .eu combined.

would you like to do a profit bet for june? I can bet $75.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.