Home Forums Hand Reviews Sit and Go Hands 6max hyper 25bb KJo CO open

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Poker Stars, (10/20 blinds, 2 ante) No Limit Hold’em Tournament, 6 Players
    Poker Tools[/url] Powered By Holdem Manager[/url] – The Ultimate Poker Software[/url] Suite.

SB: 456 (22.8 bb)
    BB: 538 (26.9 bb)
    UTG: 476 (23.8 bb)
    MP: 476 (23.8 bb)
    Hero (CO): 588 (29.4 bb)
    BTN: 466 (23.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :Kh: :Jd:
    2 folds, Hero raises to 40, 2 folds, BB calls 20

Flop: (102) :Jh: :8c: :5s: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets 40, BB calls 40

Turn: (182) :9h: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets 111, BB raises to 222, Hero raises to 506 and is all-in, BB calls 234 and is all-in

River: (1,094) :5c: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: 1,094 pot
    Final Board: :Jh: :8c: :5s: :9h: :5c:
    BB showed :8h: :Js: and won 1,094 (556 net)
    Hero showed :Kh: :Jd: and lost (-538 net)

opp unknown random

how wide do you typicaly open pre here? do we open wider since we cover everyone? (its a ko).

flop. Am i right that this flop we cbet small with 100% of the range? What is the logic behind mass cbet small a dry board? I dont actually understand that.

turn value bet and then he minrases. Kinda similar to the A3o hand though in different stage. So it seems i dont understand what to do with a TP when facing strong opposition. My take on it – we have to value bet TPs and if we face a rase its bad but we have to play for stak because of the odds, shallow staks, and general hyper sngs loose dynamics. Its not like we are 100bb deep so we have to be more loose when staking off. What is your take on it though?

rye_tomy
    Participant

Even in ko i would not go much looser than normal ranges. KJo deff a open here. We dont cbet 100% small. We want to check some hands as well. When they min raises on turn his range is usually very strong, so i would just call and if he jams, then fold river.
    Our hand is not strong enough to reraise his raise. Yes you have to value bet your top pair, but when he min raises alarm bells should start ringing.

noskills
    Participant

What if he xpushed turn instead – we fold too? And why with A3o we dont make 2 barrel and with this TP we do? because of top kiker.

I also dont understand how can we only call minrase and then fold river, because he leaves 234 chips in his stak after his minrase, while the pot is 600chips+ because sometimes he s bluffing and we got the odds. Thats why i just push turn – because we cant get out of it on the river anyway, and the hand is too strong to fold (if we fold this what do we actually have to call with? our range is literally loosing to anytwo call flop / raseturn, because we wont have enough hands to stak off and we will have 15405678214805 hands we fold, including millions of AIR and toppairs) (ps i looked at the board again – we actually have 0 hands we stak off if we fold this one, we cant have 2 pairs, and overpair, which we have sometimes isnt actually different from KJ here that much if at all. This cant be right)

romeum10
    Participant

he has too many semi bluffs that you beat.

hands that defend not 3bet shoving and can really x/r turn semi bluffing in jh 8c 5s 9h  board:

fd’s, fd’s with pair, straight draws, straight draws with pair, pair plus gutshot, overcards with gutshot.

you should exclude from the v-range jj, 88 and 99 because those were 3bet shove pre. some regs even 55

i think i would go with it being an unknown but with more information i can see a fold.

what stake is this btw?

rye_tomy
    Participant

From my experiance if he bluff min raises turn then they will give up river and if they have it they will jam river.

noskills
    Participant

Im worried because its the very top of our range. I dont think its good to fold the top of your range in any setup

rye_tomy
    Participant

We are not at the top of our range with top pair and second kicker. We have QT, JJ, 88,55, 99, J8s, J9s, AJ, QQ-AA. for better hands. Here i would go like that that im calling all 2pair+ hands 100% and some over pairs some times. (Just because i dont expect many bluffs at all and we are only bluff catching with KJ here).

noskills
    Participant

I kinda aggree with that but there is a lot of buts, for exampmle  this hands are like 5%, and if i open from CO like 25%, these hands are only 20% of my range, and KJ follows immidiately after, and we are very shallow always in hypers. Other buts : im not sure i open QT alwayes on th CO, you think its a default open? 55 i push pre, 88 mostlikely as well, AJ is equal to KJ (because he cant have AJ he hsould push pre with it) and QQ+ are different from a TP in like once in a blue moon (because they loose to the same hands TP looses). After all that KJ is much closer to our best holdings than it seems

rye_tomy
    Participant

55 you push pre with 25bb eff? Thats not good. QTo is easy open yes. I guess you dont mastered opening ranges. Do you have the hyper course?

noskills
    Participant

No i dont have it, i had bad expirience in the matter, took coachings with Bencb who was consedered one of the best players in hypers at that time, and it resulted in me dropping form 30-60s mix to 3.5-7s and quitting hypers all together in the end. Only after switching to new(at that time) hyper superKOs and studying everything myself from 0 did i manage to again play consistant +ev poker. After that i decided to never pay for any magical coachings and videos.

This push with 55 is +0.65%, you cant play it better with minrase, at least i dont think you can. 22 is a push here too. Its like this because we are overstak and its KO. Low pocket pairs are very bad postflop as well – you get 3 overcards and xf them. Its probably a bad push in hypers because there will be no KOs for overstak

busterchair
    Participant

Like tomy said above, 55 is a really bad push and even worst with 22, so I think you should have strong solid ranges pre.

Flop I would not bet this size – if you want a high cbetting freq on this board think you’ll should size it down – prob you won’t bet your 8x hands that size. Probably this board will have a big bet and check frequency. Turn is nasty but just call and play river. Villain can freezeplay worst hands and check river, also bluff give-ups.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.