Home Forums Hand Reviews Tournament Hands 64o 6bb behind bb defend?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

https://www.pokerhandreplayer.com/handViewer/3962

hi,

i m absolutely unsure with these shortstack spots. am i supposed to defend ~90% here ?

hrc is suggesting that, but i guess its assuming no postflop action will occur, which obv falsifies the result.

and how can i study these spots?

kind regards

stefan

busterchair
    Participant

You can’t use HRC to create defending ranges, the program doesn’t calculate that, just raw equities hence no equity realization is taken into account.

Rule of thumb is the shorter we are the more hands we can defend since our equioty realization will be higher – we’re basically going broke with any draw/pair, etc.

Thing is in this spot villain is opening with 14bb stack and 6bb stack (you). He should be jamming pre all Ax, low pairs, suited Kxs, lots and lots of hands. I would fold this hand since his BTN opening will be way lower compared to a situation where e.g. SB has 40bb and he isn’t then jamming A2s since the he is effectively 40bb with the SB. If this was the situation then I’d defend this hand. Probably in this scenario I’d defend any high hards and lots of suited hands.

sgermer
    Participant

good point.but if he s opening tighter here, isnt our 64 more live because he wont have all the mediocre hands that dominate 6x,4x

sgermer
    Participant

i compared my equity vs 2 different assumed ranges of vilain in these spot.

first i gave him a range of 21,7%, we have 31,7% raw equity against.

in the second scenario, if sb had 40bb, and bu raises 49,5%, 64o has 34% raw equity.

so i guess you are 100% right. the buttons looser range would have favored our hand.

thanks a l ot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.