Home Forums Hand Reviews Tournament Hands 33 3-ways

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey,

so as you can see in the replay I made a pretty lose call twice preflop, think I could have and probably should have folded both times but anyway it’s not a huge mistake to call and I didn’t feel like folding so whatever.

I end up having 33 in a 3-way pot with the 3-bettor in the BB and the guy on my right who raise called.

When the flop comes JJ7 rainbow and both check I feel like it’s  a very good spot to put in a bet with the intention to probably go for a 2-barrel bluff. BB can certainly have some overpairs thet he potcontrols with and once in a while perhaps a trapped J (however I don’t believe that’s often gonna happen 3-ways) but a lot of his range it just AK, AQ, maybe some KQ, some Q10s and then likely some suited Ax, some 46s type of hands but whatever his BB-squeezing range is, I think there’s a lot more hands he just completely missed the flop with than hands he can actually continue with.  I do also expect the guy to my right to bet most of his Jx, he’s got all the pairs 88-1010 and also has suited Ax, AQ, KQs, Q10s, maybe also 66, 55 … I easily have more Jacks than any of them that I obv. all want to bet, additionally I also have all the middling pairs that I want to bet to protect form overcards so I do have a fair amount of hands I wanna bet for value. Moreover, in that kind of spot where it’s super unlikely that either opponent has a very strong hand, it’s just a super good situation for me to make use of my positional advantage. So as I see it, this is actually a pretty good spot to overbluff cause I don’t think people will call 2nd barrels with 99 here after I bet into 2 players on a JJ7 board where I can easily just have a jack. Btw, I made it 1/3 as I would size all my bets here, don’t see too many reasons to go bigger with either my bluffs or my Jacks, esp. with the given stack to pot ratio.

Anyway, I decided to place my second barrel directly on the turn cause the K should look additionally intimidating to his middle-pairs, also there’s probably not a single holding of him that improved on that King, he shouldn’t really have AK after the just call preflop and there’s no way he called the flop with KQ. Again, I don’t think it’s necessary to size up, it does look kind of weird cause I’m leaving myself only around half pot for the river but it doesn’t matter imo, cause what is he gonna do if he has 99 for instance? Call the turn for 30% of his stack and fold the river getting 3:1? Or call turn and river for most of his stack hoping I’ve got complete air? I don’t think so. He did shove after a bit of hesitating though and I obv. folded, I reckon he probably did have a Jack ultimately, 77 would make sense as well. And still, if he plays 88, 99, 1010 or whatever weaker hand that way, I’m playing all my jacks exactly as I did play those 33 here.

Sorry for the chaotic style of this, I’m actually playing right now so please excuse me.

What I want to know your opinion on is: Am I completely out of line with this play?

And also: would you approach a spot like this differently?

Cheers guys

<script src=”moz-extension://677c696d-dfe7-4890-9da6-3a3ecfb90a7e/web/libs/ciuvo-addon-sdk.min.js” async=””></script>

rye_mariano5

The hand is missing in the replayer for me at least

carl91
    Participant

Yeah, me neither.

dude811414519
    Participant
    rye_mariano5

Preflop should def be a fold vs the inital opener. I wouldn’t recommend having much of a flatting range at all if any, unless the game is just redic soft, which I’m assuming this game isn’t if it’s 100nl online.

As played the flop bet is super loose too. The BB can basically check his whole range here 3 way OOP so he can still have lots of strong hands.

I don’t mind the small bet at a very low frequency though.

Turn again I don’t mind this as a bluff at a low frequency. We can rep some Jx and get some mid pps to fold now.

Overall this line is fairly unecessary 3 way though. But not a huge error imo. You’ll also have some better bluffs which can at least improve more often, but I’m sure this hand is used at a small frequency as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.