Home Forums Hand Reviews Tournament Hands 3-bet jam flop too aggro?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

https://www.sharemypair.com/smpweb/smpviewdetails/feed_id/53398

The hand is from a live tournament, opp in the BB is a good reg.

Pretty standard open with J8s from HJ. I should cbet much bigger on the flop. When he check raises I put him on a lot of weak draws like 9x as the flop does not hit my range very well. I don’t think he has an overpair in his preflop calling range. Two pair, sets and straights are well in his range. Given that there are so many scary turn cards, I decided to go for max equity realization and jammed and we ended up flipping a big pot for my and pretty much his tournament life. Thoughts? Thanks

carl91
    Participant

Who has the effective stack here? You or villain?

termijag
    Participant

Villain covers me by ~2 BB

Fernando Laserra
    Keymaster

This was kinda spewy. If I saw it correctly you’re playing a 40bb eff, right? Your particular hand strenght on this board vs his ‘getting it in’ range is not good. This is a board where equities should run pretty close and you don’t have nut advantage. Think you can still cbet your better 8x hands but I’d check this J8cc. You will face lots of aggresssion on this board, hence your equity realization won’t be that good. Having turns that shifts equity doesn’t mean you have to go all-in to realize your entire equity since his range is super-strong with lots of nutted hands/big draws. You’re risking tons of chips with top pair bad kicker on a drawy heavy board.

termijag
    Participant

Yeah, you are right. I should check flop. I wanted to play more aggressive than I usually do, but that was definitely not a good spot for aggression.

Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.