Home Forums Hand Reviews Cash Game Hands 2nd Pair with gutter turned into bluff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All,

first hand post so I hope I get everything right and understandable.

This is 6-Max Zoom NL5

REPLAY: https://replayer.runitup.com/hands/38427adda6

I open with 99 to 3bb which should be standard and it folds to the BU who decides to call, SB and BB fold.

At this stage I consider Villains Range as the following:

TT-22, AJs-A2s, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, AJo-ATo, KTo+, QTo+, JTo

The Flop comes 6s, 7h, Tc which I consider a good flop for me, even if he has made a set/two pair I still have outs to the straight. However considering his range I’m more often up against one pair or overcards. Hence I bet around 30% Pot. This should be enough to get some value from the overcards and even back door flush draws, as well as one pair hands. Villain decides to call which keeps his range open.

Turn is a 5s.

Now some of the hands he cold have made the call with gained more outs, like 78s, JTs+, Axs, etc.

I think he has no hands like KQd or Axd as there was no diamond on the flop.

Villains range he could reach the turn with:

88, 55, AcJc, AhJh, AsJs, AcTc, AhTh, AsTs, Ac9c, Ah9h, As9s, Ac8c, Ah8h, As8s, Ac7c, Ah7h, As7s, Ac6c, Ah6h, As6s, Ac5c, Ah5h, As5s, Ac4c, Ah4h, As4s, Ac3c, Ah3h, As3s, Ac2c, Ah2h, As2s, KcQc, KhQh, KsQs, KcJc, KhJh, KsJs, KTs, QcJc, QhJh, QsJs, QTs, JTs, 98s, 87s, 76s, ATo, KTo, QTo, JT

I decided to bet again 30% of the pot, however I now think this was wrong because against he range I gave my opponent I have 42% EQ. So check/call might be the better line.

He raises me to 12bb and I now think he would have raised me with 66, 77 and TT on the flop which makes his range look bluffy. It is unlikely that he has a straight as I block the 9. He has some Flush Draws w/o a pair and some with the T or 7.

So that is about his range I guess:

55, AsTs,  As8s, As7s, As4s, As3s, As2s, KsQs, KsJs, KsTs, QsJs, QTs, JsTs, 76s

So it is about 38% EQ for me.

I count 9 Hands that have me beat at the moment: 3x 55, AsTs, KsTs, QTs, JsTs, 2x 76s

And 8 Hands that could draw me out: As8s, As7s, As4s, As3s, As2s, KsQs, KsJs, QsJs

Hence want to represent the hands that have him beat and that he (most likely) can’t have: 89s, 66, 77, TT

I was focused on having 89s in this situation and hence only raised to 22bb, I think now that this is way too low as it is mainly saying I can only have 89s and it still gives his range a good price to call for the flush.

How would you have played my hand? I’m happy to hear your view. Side note, I’ve issues checking the turn OOP as I tend to overcall.

rye_mariano5

Hey man, nice breakdown!

Flop I’d rather just x/call. You want to be checking a ton OOP on this middling connected boards. So this hand fits perfectly into your x/call range. Often he’ll x back as well and cap himself. You can also x/call some Tx hands and even some overpairs.

On the turn I would def check after betting flop. It’s going to be very hard to get value from worse there.

As played once he raises I would just call. I don’t the need to turn your hand into a bluff there. And the sizing is also super tiny. Very surprised he folded.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.